Mannsize. 3.5way active cardioid´ish

4kWBWTM.png

Endfire setup with smaart, quite good in phase-wise :)
Theres something wrong with eq´ing lowest protoplasm under lowest room mode in this place so i did not use any boost.
My listening spot suffers from direct radiating bass quite bad (blue line)
I enjoy using smaart

rdcpKJ8.jpg

ezHOYN8.jpg

GvbXHfi.jpg

today i measured 0-90deg in-room 350-20k
midrange had slightly shorter phaseplug, but it seems to widen 1k and narrowing 2k.
7cm longer plug performs more evenly.
i might need to put it into a box, theres only lossy basket baffle which helped a lot but sure it leaks, 350-900hz some of those are from room, some really from rear of midrange.

Last edited:
DI sonogram up to 90degrees.jpg

I use controlled directivity down to 20hz. And you have to equalise in reference to ordinary box speakers if you want to compare soundwise.Records are made with monopole bass usualy. Where they have more energy transmitted in low end. Ear judges the loudness by all reverberant field.
Subjectively for me sound looks more dynamic more modulation. Little bit remembers me open space concert where you get clean strong and short initial kick. Sometimes i think i hear more music in that low end.
Monopole feels more power even with the same SPL. And kitchen cabinets vibrate more:) But different tracks looks more similar. Kind of less info encoded. This remembers me loudness war with more volume but reduced crest factor. This the best i can describe the sound differences.

That sounds similar to what I heard with open baffle bass. I prefer it for minimalistic acoustic instrument genres. Upright bass sounds more natural for example. Overall I like monopole sources for the sense of "envelopment". I mainly listen in a large room/outdoors.

Seems highly dependent on each specific room, recording, and individual. As usual.

YMkdf92.png

i believe this is DE25 impedance and 90deg polars, not true under 2k i belive that was 1300-20k sweep from rew.
DE25 easier take down with serial resistor.

xbqFqf5.jpg

i have to listen a little bit which angle to straight response, i believe that DE25 was on the hot SSC level. Tilting waveguides takes down that hot spot but affects polar responses.

And vituixcad doesnt have my processor in it so i cant slap raw responses in, i have to measure with eq´d responses. delay and level only in vituixcad

I have lots to mess with

attachment.php

okay, seems that 2384 and 2374 looks about the same but aint.
2374 doesnt seem to have that much peaky 0deg. i could not find that much boost from 0deg from any height.

xAmzYcg.jpg

here is vertical 0deg from 2.5m distance as high as my micstand goes over my ear level when standing to below listening spot height.

3tnQJIv.jpg

here is listening axis from 2m 0deg and 45deg.

Phase plug is vital to midrange

Last edited:
listening distance is closer to 3.2m which i think quite minimum speaker height like this, drivers are quite far from each other. in-room i have to mask reflections, thats why 2-2.5m max in this room.

i dont feel any that kind of problems. mid and high melts in well.

i try to be non biased allways and i have to ask my friend Legis to tell his listening experiences.