Does Onken Bass Cabinet sounds more open & less boxy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Normally it's all about moisture retention. If Foundations, concrete block construction isn't properly moisture/water proofed, its like your ship, it will ultimately leak/sink if not kept properly 'seaworthy'. ;)

Anyway, all you need to know on the subject is on-line, just anything you do, make sure it meets local codes and if none, guessing South Florida's mostly below grade land mass, torrential high wind/rain storms is good enough for all but the worst that Indonesia suffers through.

GM

Thanks again GM, thank goodness it's only exterior surface cracks so no leaks. lol

Hi Gents,
Stumbled upon VT52 article. Im confused at what the author means.
It says the horns handles 150hz up & the Onken reflex takes over the lower registers. I thought that reflex vents are calculated to a targeted cut off frequency or have I miss something ?

Many thanks again

Attachments

• bass_03.jpg
    bass_03.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 146
Normally, it's due to moisture, mold. Also can be the paint if not rated for concrete blocks, etc., plus of course if not properly cleaned.

Regardless, unless you're 100% sure it's not moisture related, recommend 'someone' do a serious search for any kind of leak and 'sweating' pipes.

One aggravating leak I had when I bought the house wasn't found until a complete new roof was installed and even then it was only visible with all the board decking in the area removed plus it had three complete asphalt shingle roofs with the appropriate roofing felt between them, yet still found a way in with a 4:12 pitch.

Nature always finds a way..........

Been having bouts of up to 98% relative humidity in my locale when I responded the other night, which was the 'last straw' for some of my concrete block foundation's sealer/paint, finally sloughing off in large 'plates'.

Can't complain though, it was put on in Spring '77 after sand blasted, pressure washed and suffered through annual heavy rains with high winds, some snow, plenty of big temperature swings, several mini twisters, etc., so long past due for a restoration [house too].

Anyway, good luck with it and 'color me done'; too far off topic.

GM

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.