Teal Thiel SS10f mid/tweets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HD at listening seat. Note level at 22hz with sealed alignment..

Attachments

• distortion  at listening seat.jpg
    distortion at listening seat.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 117
Hi remlab,

Have you not the spl bump above 1500 hz ? Is it flat at 1 m or at listening position ? Any high end missing ? How did you manage the bafle step loss then ?

Thank you

Many thanks

I am getting the bump on the 10f's at one meter. At the listening seat, not as much. Slightly off axis is the probable reason. once again , please excuse the squished vertical scale. that bump looks small but its actually about 3db

Attachments

• mid response.jpg
    mid response.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Many thanks Remlab, I have both 8424 model somewhere on the shelves, I planed a horn but have no skill for diy horns whatever foam or else. What your saying is great because Iplanned a 4.5 k hz passive XO (a little dip in the 2 to 4 k area is what I like. But good news to know you can XO higher :)
Noticed also the horn model from Joseph Crowe :)

Edit There is also a little1 litter curved box from Visaton that is cheap and should be good filled of felt or any good stuffing....

Last edited:
Many thanks Remlab, I have both 8424 model somewhere on the shelves, I planed a horn but have no skill for diy horns whatever foam or else. What your saying is great because Iplanned a 4.5 k hz passive XO (a little dip in the 2 to 4 k area is what I like. But good news to know you can XO higher :)
Noticed also the horn model from Joseph Crowe :)

Edit There is also a little1 litter curved box from Visaton that is cheap and should be good filled of felt or any good stuffing....

If you go high, just make sure you keep the acoustic centers as close together as possible. Three inches on mine. A 3" wavelength is 4.5khz, so I'm good at my 4khz XO point

About as flat as I can get it without EQ, eight feet away at the listening seat, 1/3 octave smoothing. Had to abandon 8th order for 4th order. It was just to hard to integrate

Attachments

• april 13.jpg
    april 13.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 120
  • april 13 distortion.jpg
    april 13 distortion.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
All of my audio playback equipment has a sample rate of up 96khz, so if I stream 24bit/ 96khz music from(in this case) AmazonHD, it will preserve the data all the way to the output of my speakers. Even if it's not native 24/96 music, it will still get upsampled to 96khz, which at least helps out a little bit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.