Focal 826 Tweeter Removal

Attachments

• IMG_20180428_184519 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180428_184519 (1).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 155
Account Closed
Joined 2018
I've seen my share of those Focal speakers.
That company is nothing but an over-rated, over-hyped, bunch of crap.
However, somehow, must be in the advertizing, people swoon over the products, and pay enormous amounts of money for speakers that aren't really any different than Radio Shack stuff.
Actually, Radio Shack stuff held up much better!

I had to laugh at my neighbor's Focal towers that he brought over to get fixed.
Snazzy box to impress the eyes, cheap guts behind the grilles.
The French-based company really knows how to sell junk.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
The one in the picture with the guy holding it up looks suspiciously like a dynamic microphone cartridge.

I've replaced tweeters and woofers in those boxes with "real" speakers that last.

It irritates me they price those things so high, and the woofers have cheap injection molded plastic baskets that the magnet over time warps - causing voice coil rubbing.

I just don't want to damage the speakers cabinet. Here is close-up of backside of the tweeter inside the cabinet. How am I going to rip this off? :(

It will be Monday soon enough... It sounds like you are getting very frustrated and it might be a good idea to wait until you make contact with the Focal factory reps. There is no doubt this is a bad design. Certainly for the $1200 price tag you have every right to expect better.

Did you buy these used? If so you now know why the previous owner was selling them and why you couldn't hear them first...