Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Focal 826 Tweeter Removal
Focal 826 Tweeter Removal
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2020, 04:56 PM   #151
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I agree with Douglas. There's no need to cut the cable to expose fresh copper.

I would add that you should keep your soldering iron in contact for as short a time as is possible.

Excess heat can damage delicate tweeter connections.
Old 15th April 2020, 09:38 PM   #152
Plx79 is offline Plx79
diyAudio Member

Actually looking at this picture it looks that there is a connector at the end of the tweeter cable.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Jd4AA...auX/s-l400.jpg

So, apparently, I will have to remove the mid-range first for reaching the connector on the crossover.
This for sure would be a more clean work than resoldering the cable, but it requires more effort on dismounting and remounting the speakers back.

Does anyone of you know if the screws that hold the speakers (the mid-range in my case) needs to be fastened back with a specific tightening torque like for a engine crankcase?
Old 15th April 2020, 09:58 PM   #153
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Depends on whether your replacement tweeter comes pre-wired or not, but access to the crossover is indeed through the midrange aperture if required.

No specific torque. Use a hand screwdriver to nip up the screws sequentially, a little bit at a time, until resistance is felt. Do not force the screws beyond this point of resistance.
Old 30th June 2020, 10:10 PM   #154
manizkrishnan is offline manizkrishnan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plx79 View Post
Hello manizkrishnan,

Sorry to resume this thread but I'm in the same your condition.

I would like to know, once that you have extracted the tweeter, what do you need to do for actually replace it?
Do you need to unsolder the old one and resolder the new one, or is it just a matter of unplug/replug the contacts?

Thank you!
Sorry for the delay. No soldering is needed. It is just a clip which will attach to existing wires.let me know if you need any help.

Focal 826 Tweeter RemovalHide this!Advertise here!