Troels Gravesen high efficiency 3-way looks like a winner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Out of this Faital 12” 3WC, and a more standard Scanspeak 3WC (8”) also by Gravesen, which one do you guys reckon would fit better in my smallish living room (about 4x5 meter with two door openings)? The house is a wooden construction all around and walls are clad in soft fiberboard and painted. They are quite good on absorbing some frequencies. I’d love to have great dynamics but do you think the 12” is iverkill for this space? My other option is a coaxial 12”.

Out of this Faital 12” 3WC, and a more standard Scanspeak 3WC (8”) also by Gravesen, which one do you guys reckon would fit better in my smallish living room (about 4x5 meter with two door openings)? The house is a wooden construction all around and walls are clad in soft fiberboard and painted. They are quite good on absorbing some frequencies. I’d love to have great dynamics but do you think the 12” is iverkill for this space? My other option is a coaxial 12”.

We have a similar size living room, (4,5×5m) and went from a transmission line 6,5" to a closed active 15" system. Integration of the 15" in the room was much easier and has enough headroom. Most suprising is how easy and relaxed the bass rolls in the room. Both systems had dsp to eliminate lowest room modes, concrete walls, so not much damping in lowest frequencies. At first I also had the idea large drivers would not fit the room 😉

Hi guys. Here some news from France.

As I told I am trying the faital with some of new amp I make and my DACs (The RME adi2 DACs and the Solaris)

I found a very nice and simple association with the FDA AMP/DAC/PRE quoloos 690.
For the one who want a simple configuration, this works very well with the faital.

I put my Solaris as DACs still using the quoloos for the rest. Of course it work much much better but I recently I have found I think a perfect match for the speakers.

ADI 2 DAC And mono NC250MP amp from hypex... Very fast and fluent but with more raw. Tones are perfect and legibility of the message is excellent;It is a bit less fast and goes less deep than with the solaris but the equation of the sweetness of the RME and the strongness of 250MP is really great.
In this configuration tweeter, which are for me the "leak" of this speakers, are finally very well integrated and level is perfect.
I love this match. And moreover with all are option of the rme it is still possible to equalize as we want...
A very high end listening for not so much money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.