3-way speaker to 8 ohm crossover to 2 ohm amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I am an old/new bee myself. At 72 years old - I like my music louder than live, 10 rows back. :)

My near field rig (home hi-fi) could take 800Watts but I have only a 110w amp. It plays louder than I need so I am happy.

For the OP - are you really looking at - how much power do I need to make my speakers play loudest with out blowing up?

Please continue the thread - the answers are provided by the speaker manufacturing companies EDS.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I also think the original poster got confused that his amp must be used with 2 ohm speakers. As was said before, 2 ohms is the minimum they will work with, 4 or 8 ohms should be fine.

The amp just puts out less power at 4 or 8 ohms. Since the amp is claimed to be reasonably powerful that shouldn’t be a problem.

nt

Attachments

• IMG-20200123-210110.png
    IMG-20200123-210110.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
That W130s won't hold up to 5Khz. I would not cross higher than 2Khz, which the DT94 will not do. If needed crossover could be stretched to 3Khz I guess..

You'd be better of buying a ready made design, like ALTO I | Visaton

And why two speakers per channel? I would also not recommend using a different amp for every channel.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.