Treble, how to be good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So you use metal dome now instead the ScanSpeak ring radiator ? Problem solved ?

SS dome, not ring, now a CD+horn, but this CD is essentially a dome. They sound very different.

My first concern after hearing the SS dome was the lack of "body" and power to the sound. Now this is gone.
I think that no perfect reproduction is possible, sibilant recordings sounds sibilant and that is right, it should be like that. But the difference is that I don't care a little sibilance here and there, because the whole speaker sounds so much better to me now, thanks to the new tweeter.
But I don't want to glorify it any further, because there are sure to be many who do not like this type of presentation, which is more forward but in a positive way, at least for me.

I dont set a high limit freq response but i dont know what the nanodigi(dsp) , the dac (wolfson 8740) or my valve amp do above 20k . Are you sure what you are hearing above 20k isnt some kind of distortion ? I had a female cat that as soon as i pressed play on the cd player even with low volume intro songs, would run the hell out of there , i´m pretty sure she could hear to the garbage above 20k , player was a 500€ Sony cant remember the model...
You may not hear the the sounds above 20kHz but those very high frequencies which are reproduced by a tweeter will affect to the other high frequencies(below 20kHz reproduced by the same tweeter) at that moment.

yup... but it's driver related - a linear distortion, so I should be able to lower it/flatten it a bit with my filter and then everything should be ok :)

I'm more thinking in terms of Seas and Heissmann claiming that this is the only tweeter like this. Can that really be true?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.