House Concert Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The important thing is to work toward your goal and not let the obstacles hold you back. Imagine my wife's reaction when I told her we had to move a couch out of our living room so I could fit in the music system. Life was not bliss that week but you get through it. ;)

Attachments

• 122-2274_IMG.jpg
    122-2274_IMG.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 144
The JBL 4612 pdf is a speaker that you can draw inspiration from.

It had very nice natural vocal tones with it's twin 8 mid-bass woofs and the biRadial tweeter.

Study the network in the pdf and notice one 8" runs fullrange while the other has a simple lowpass ( single coil ) on it.
The helper 8" ( with coil ) was there to extend the bottom end of the box ( which would be mid-heavy if one 8" was rolled off).

I think you should try something similar.

:)

Last edited:
The important thing is to work toward your goal and not let the obstacles hold you back. Imagine my wife's reaction when I told her we had to move a couch out of our living room so I could fit in the music system. Life was not bliss that week but you get through it. ;)

You know, if you put the bass cabinets on their sides they won't look that big to her.

My brother had a folded horn with an 18", JBL 10" mid bass (might be 12's can't remember) and horns in his sun room. Eventually stopped using the 18" out of respect for the neighbours.

The JBL 4612 pdf is a speaker that you can draw inspiration from.

It had very nice natural vocal tones with it's twin 8 mid-bass woofs and the biRadial tweeter.

Study the network in the pdf and notice one 8" runs fullrange while the other has a simple lowpass ( single coil ) on it.
The helper 8" ( with coil ) was there to extend the bottom end of the box ( which would be mid-heavy if one 8" was rolled off).

I think you should try something similar.

:)

That is interesting, I'll have to see how they perform when I get them.

I vaguely remember people having issues with higher order crossovers from years back but I can not recall what they were. So 12 dB is out for sure, I really was more inclined to 18 dB anyway. I will have to look up 24 dB filters. I got a bad gateway page from the link. I'll Google the model once I get my coffee.

The soon to be released version is going to be adjustable from 6 to 24 dB.

Cool, hope I catch it when it comes out.

Just got the drivers in the mail. Very, cute. Easily fit in the palm of your hand. The horns will take a while. I do have some in the shed that are mated to some Electro-Voice drivers, the make these look like a toy. But these are not in the Electro-Voice league. The Pyle are rated for 100W, the EV only 30W. I guess that rating was from a time when men were men and watts were watts.

QDeu7pH.jpg

Boy, talk about disappointing or what. Just tried it at a lower volume through a single cap through the horn. Have to put my hear to the horn to hear it. Maybe it is defective, tried another. This one managed to be as loud as the 8". Tried the two more, they were fine also. So one defective one, thought I threw away a bunch of money for nothing. Tried the EV with the 8". More efficient, no high end but then again we only used to use them up to 5 kHz for the PA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.