An exercise in converting a speaker to time-phase coherent

Neat thread - only found it now.

One way to do 1st order is to not use a dome tweeter but a wideband full range like ScanSpeak 10F/8424 with a very wideband woofer.

10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

Like this:

Predicted XO response:

Here is measured frequency response and phase:

Here is measured step response:

Hello Xrk,

do you could show us the polar response?

Like k john and toole said the probably your speaker are so nice because of the good vertical and horizontal dispersion...

Best regards, Tomas

Finally got to implement the xover below. It sounds pretty good. Is there a down side? First order filter sounds not quite as "clear" as higher order, but to me more natural. Instrument separation is not quite as clear ... a bit like a forest vs. the trees, in which higher order is more tree than forest of the first order.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 145
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 139
Yep. You can get carried away with the technology. At some point you realize that you aren't listening to the music. Today nothing pleases me more than to go out for a jog and listen a bunch of mp3 audio tracks stripped from YouTube videos played on my SanDisk Clip. But wait, those ear buds don't have a crossover. TP? LOL.

None of this stuff makes speakers better, just different. And that's even more to the point. There is a difference between "I heard a difference", and "it sounds better".

I thought you especially would have convolved a correction for them earbuds at the track level in your software and send the track to audacity after convolving the audio track to be the “most perfect 5$ earbuds ever” lol 🥳🥳🥳🥳