Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Paradigm Studio 20 v3 tweeter issue
Paradigm Studio 20 v3 tweeter issue
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2019, 12:57 PM   #1
halo71 is offline halo71  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Paradigm Studio 20 v3 tweeter issue

Recently I was practically given a pair of these bookies. Both tweeter domes are pushed in slightly. One tweeter barely outputs any sound at all. Pulled the XO last night. Didn't see anything obviously wrong.

Guessing its time to replace them? I've email Paradigm. Not sure if they sell drivers or repair old ones. These are my first pair of Paradigm speakers.
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Lojzek is online now Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

There is tests one can perform prior to dismissing them entirely after you have done everything possible at pushing the dome into the original shape. The problem is to align the voice coil correctly, lacking any centering pins. Measure Re of the VC.

Can you spare xo board photos?
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:59 PM   #3
halo71 is offline halo71  United States
diyAudio Member

Paradigm called me today. They said I need to replace the domes. They sell them. He told me to call back Monday cause their system was down. That replacement domes would be around $50 each! For what money I already have in these speakers. I will buy new domes.

And probably use them in my bedroom rig. And get them bigass DCM TF600's out of the room. lol

Paradigm Studio 20 v3 tweeter issueHide this!Advertise here!