Need very beginner help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A & B ?

Back on post 5 you mentioned you have A & B speakers on. Some receivers run the signal thru both speakers in series to avoid too low an impedance. So if you have only one set of speakers attached, you get no sound. Try turning off the set of speakers that you don't have connected.

This thread is disordered, OP feedback is inconsistent.

@Galu, why don't you make a list to check everything from the source to the speakers, and if we have anything to add we'll ask you to modify it?

I have blamed the error on the receiver. Somebody on reddit suggested me to wire up the "wireless one" of the set of edifier 1280T's I own. The non-amp side that was not powered produced the same effects as the bose I picked up did through the receiver. Thoughts on this?

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
If you mean try this powered speaker as a test around the input to your receiver, given that this doesn't use the output of the receiver, then sure. It may be looking this way.

Sorry if this adds more confusion, I was thinking about GMs comments about swapping speakers, actually running the left off the right amp etc. What you describe isn't conclusive to my mind. To those who know, running an output transistor into secondary breakdown causing permanent damage will not stop it from producing sound, it will sound quiet, but noisy, echo like.

Is this a receiver that needs a jumper connection between the Pre Amp Out and the Power Amp In for the front mains to work?

The pic in post #2 has them but your pic does not.

A round about way of testing this might be to attach your speakers to the rear surrounds and then switch the surround mode to multichannel. Make sure the volume level is turned down again to start off with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.