diyAudio

diyAudio (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/index.php)
-   Multi-Way (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Box port or crossover dippity do (https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/344144-box-port-crossover-dippity.html)

8ntractor 21st October 2019 03:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
thank you I understand. At one meter if everything below 200hz is removed the response is choppy but relatively flat. the tweeter is inverted. and the top octave still rolls off. not sure how to improve the choppiness. I measured at the listening position and included those charts also. thanks again

eriksquires 21st October 2019 03:39 PM

Don't worry about the chop.

Your system is pointing the wrong way. You want it to descend from around 100-200 Hz. See the B&K curve:

bruel & kjaer optimum curve For hifi - Members Albums Category - The Klipsch Audio Community

It also seems like you will need to EQ the tweeter a little to get you the last octave.

Measure the drivers individually at 1m and import into XSim. If you don't know how to measure relative speaker distance, that will be needed as well. Once there, rethink your crossover.

8ntractor 21st October 2019 04:02 PM

thank you eriksquires I will do that I will measure one woofer and one tweeter and enter them in xsim. thank you for the information on the optimum curve.

8ntractor 21st October 2019 09:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here is the measurements with one woof one tweet and in x sim. I included the spl for the two speakers combined maybe I should just leave on woof disconnected.

8ntractor 21st October 2019 11:43 PM

did you mean the drivers without the crossover?

8ntractor 22nd October 2019 01:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ok running through xsim with the actual drivers a few small adjustments to the crossover and I think the slope is more like you showed me. what do you think?

AllenB 22nd October 2019 01:09 AM

I use holmimpulse to measure. You cut (gate) the result to remove the reflections. The highs come out clean and the lows become limited accordingly. This makes sense, where smoothing wouldn't.

8ntractor 22nd October 2019 01:48 AM

thank you - I downloaded holmimpulse and will remeasure.

8ntractor 22nd October 2019 01:58 AM

ok running through xsim with the actual drivers a few small adjustments to the crossover and I think the slope is more like you showed me. what do you think?

eriksquires 22nd October 2019 01:58 AM

Hi,

Yes, measure the drivers without crossovers before importing.

I think Holm will also give you the relative driver measurements, right? Make sure you set the woofer delay in Xsim so your phase matching is accurate.