SB Acoustics Textreme

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I'm thinking as a direct competitor to something like Fostex and Mark Audio 4 and 5 inch full range. I'm thinking 100 Hz to 10 KHz. I prefer my Pluvia 7 PHD and Satori MR16P-4 COMBINED. They each have their own merits certainly; wouldn't it be nice if I could get that same magic and musical expressiveness combined in one driver!? I think that a 4 inch to 5 inch has the best and most natural full range or broad mid range size; larger drivers don't do it for my tastes. The MR16 lacks something that the Pluvia helps complement and supplement...this is what I meant...

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I called them or e mailed 6 to 8? weeks ago (well probably ; not sure now). They originally said expected in stock mid July. Maybe though what others have discovered there are now some NEW delays. I think I mentioned this; maybe elsewhere; their software probably makes them enter some price before it will post; thus .01. I think I saw these might be going for WELL over $200 US (maybe more???) each???

I called them or e mailed 6 to 8? weeks ago (well probably ; not sure now). They originally said expected in stock mid July. Maybe though what others have discovered there are now some NEW delays. I think I mentioned this; maybe elsewhere; their software probably makes them enter some price before it will post; thus .01. I think I saw these might be going for WELL over $200 US (maybe more???) each???
$420 CAD/each

You searched for sb acoustics MW16TX - Solen Electronique Inc.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I am also excited; could be a TRUE breakthrough in high resolution or definition. I have heard Accutons; they certainly have micro detail but the really nasty break-up sort of makes it all not worth while. I wish Accuton had a true full range also; 100 Hz to 10 KHz WITHOUT the nasty break-up! I had a really old 5 inch mid-bass of theirs years ago. It had the "ears" so the break-up was well controlled. It didn't have a wide enough frequency response for my needs though. I also had an Eton 5 inch (sandwich cone) years ago; it did very well also with micro detail but again the FR was lacking. My current favorite driver is the new MA Pluvia 7 PHD; not perfect but probably the cleanest and most musical midrange and lower treble I have heard; maybe of all time!?? If we had a super Satori (TX) in that 4 to 5 inch size; I think it would be like all my dreams come true. Right now; my combination of the MR16P-4 and P7PHD is extremely hard to beat for overall accuracy; micro-detail; razor sharp focus and transients; etc. It is very musically satisfying to my middle 60's hearing. This combination exceeds the above mentioned Accuton and Eton...Come on guys; let's do this!!!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I'm hoping Madisound and Meniscus both do their homework here! If they see the Solen price; they know they need to beat that. I sometimes buy from Solen just because PE, Madisound, Meniscus and others don't always stock something that Solen commonly carries. The shipping from Solen isn't bad for smaller items; I have never gotten any large drivers from them so if it can NOT come by Canada Post then USPS; the shipping charges could eat us up. Then; what is the cost of shipping from Europe for such things???