SB Acoustics Textreme

I want to develop a 2 to 4-way series based on the TeXtreme drivers, so that is really great news for the size range.

Like these?

https://rockporttechnologies.com/lyra/

images

Like these?
That is a 3-way MTM loudspeaker (or 3.5-way as they describe it). Not exactly.

Simple explanation - It follows a 3 octave per driver rule or maximum 4 octaves.

1st driver - subwoofer: 20-80Hz (2 octaves)
2nd driver - woofer: 80-320Hz (2 octaves) or 80-640Hz (3 octaves)
3rd driver - midrange: 640-2560Hz (2 octaves).
4th driver - tweeter: 2560 ->

Most drivers will play best within the 3 octave window, so optimum performance comes from applying this rule :) - The exact crossover point of the drivers has to be judged individually and what suits the cabinet style & sound best.

:D Its like Christmas here. The Satori TeXtreme looks like it will push the competition off the table. You should definitely consider a 11.5" and give Accuton some challenges ;)

Back when we designed the Satori line, there was also a hard paper cone 13.5" woofer, prototypes exist but it was never launched (there is too little demand) - I would love to do it, though, could be fun.

Back when we designed the Satori line, there was also a hard paper cone 13.5" woofer, prototypes exist but it was never launched (there is too little demand) - I would love to do it, though, could be fun.

Count me in real bass needs decent size drivers forget paper though give us the 13.5 textreme version .I was listening to the Heaven and Hell SBD,s last night of Ronnie James Dio's live concert in Germany not long before he died and the 15 and 12 inch drivers just brought it to life awesome ! So dual 13.5 inch a side for me thank you :D