Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

budget vs expensive tweeters
budget vs expensive tweeters
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2020, 08:09 PM   #161
oldspkrguy is offline oldspkrguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyiggy View Post
Hi,

The first when seen on a driver is the one having the best impulse response if it was measured after
I think a very accurate impulse response says a GREAT deal actually. Tweeters, mids, full range, even woofers are much more accurate if they can precisely follow the input wave form. If a driver has a less than ideal flat frequency response; that is usually easily handled with careful crossover design and implementation. You can't make a driver have a better transient response or impulse behavior though; that is inherent and I consider a very important mechanical or physical limitation that a resistor or capacitor or inductor just simply can NOT "FIX"...
Old 29th June 2020, 09:22 PM   #162
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

... does it mean for a BR the cabinet should be tunned in the flatter post area of the driver Fs where the impedance curve beginns to be flat ? If you tune the BR on the driverFs or below this is worse for impulse response, but if yo tune the cabinet far enough above the driver Fs, you have it good ? One should talk more about slope order behind the XO and think wha's the -F6, -F10 acording size's room?

Old 30th June 2020, 11:08 AM   #163
oldspkrguy is offline oldspkrguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Dickason and others discuss which vented (bass reflex) alignments have the best transient behavior. Some people don't like vented at all; if it is done right; they are actually quite good. I will read over that section again; I have his LDC 7th edition; I think this is the latest. Some people have never heard a properly designed and implemented BR so they think bloated or boomy or mushy or muddy, bass...NOT true; like everything else; choose your compromises.

budget vs expensive tweetersHide this!Advertise here!