Gravitational Waveguides

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found some more information about the waveguides in the UFO.

Brandon noticed that Harold Puthoff is a treasure trove of information, and what I'm going to post here comes from him.

Something that really makes you go "hmmmmmm" about the Puthoff material, is that he DID work for the CIA.

Which means that there's probably a 33% chance this is legit, a 33% chance it's intentional disinformation, or a 33% chance that even Puthoff only knows a tiny fraction of the story.

Anyways, here's what Puthoff said, in a recent presentation. In particular, note that foil-like material that the craft is surrounded with, it appears to feature some type of waveguid effect, for microwaves:

"So let me give you an example of, how this stuff helps people who are chasing these really difficult problems. I’m choosing one here: metamaterials for aerospace use. I’d love to talk about really fancy materials, but they’re classified. However, there’s a lot of materials that have been picked up or provided even in the public domain. I’m going to give an example because it shows exactly what the structure is for how to deal with this. This is an open source sample. It was sent anonymously to talk show host Art Bell. The fellow claimed to be in the military. He said that this sample was picked up in a crash retrieval, and so he sent it by email. So what does that mean? Chain of custody non-existent. Provenance questionable. Could be a hoax. Could be some slag off of some foundry floor or whatever. However, it was an unusual sample, so we decided to take a look at it.

It was a multilayered bismuth and magnesium sample. Bismuth layers less than a human hair. Magnesium samples about ten-times the size of a human hair. Supposedly picked up in the crash retrieval of an Advanced Aerospace Vehicle. It looks like it’s been in a crash. The white lines are the bismuth; the darker areas are the magnesium separations. So the question was what about this material, so naturally we looked in all the national labs, we talked to metallurgists, we combed the entire structure of published papers. Nowhere could we find any evidence that anybody ever made one of these.

Secondly, some attempts were made to try to reproduce this material, but they couldn’t get the bismuth and magnesium layers to bond.

Thirdly, when we talked to people in the materials field who should know, they said we don’t know why anybody would want to make anything like this. It’s not obvious that it has any function.

Well, years later, decades later actually, finally our own science moves along. We move into an area called metamaterials, and it turns out
exactly this combination of materials at exactly those dimensions turn out to be an excellent microscopic waveguide for very high frequency electromagnetic radiation terahertz frequencies. So, the wavelength is 60 microns, which is a pretty small size. But it turns out because of the metamaterial aspect of this material, those bismuth layers that act as waveguides can be one twentieth the size of the wavelength, and usually when you make a waveguide it’s gotta be about the size of the wavelength. So, in fact this turned out to be a material that would propagate sub-wavelength waveguide effects. Why somebody wants to do that we still don’t know the answer to that."

Reactions: 1 user
Here's how the metamaterials were acquired:

"Dear Mr. Bell,
I’ve followed your broadcasts over the last year or so, and have been considering whether or not to share with you and your listeners, some of the information related to the Roswell UFO crash.
My grandfather was a member of the Retrieval Team, sent to the crash site, just after the incident was reported. He died in 1974, but not before he had sat down with some of us, and talked about the incident.
I am currently serving in the military, and hold a Security Clearance, and do NOT wish to “go public”, and risk losing my career and commission.
Nonetheless, I would like to briefly tell you what my own grandfather told me about Roswell. In fact, I enclose for your safekeeping “samples” that were in the possession of my grandfather until he died, and which I have had since his own estate was settled. As I understand it, they came from the UFO debris, and were among a large batch subsequently sent to Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio from New Mexico.
My grandfather was able to “appropriate” them, and stated that the metallic samples are “pure extract aluminum”. You will note that they appear old & tempered, and they have been placed in tissue-paper, and in baggies for posterity.
I have had them since 1974, and after considerable thought and reflection, give them to you. Feel free to share them with any of your friends in the UFO Research Community."

As noted in post 22, the metamaterial is a sandwich of magnesium and bismuth in layers. It's safe to assume that the metamaterial came from the craft which crashed 75 years ago.

Five minutes of Googling reveals why this composite would be ideal for this application:

When you run an electrical current through Bismuth, it produces a magnetic force at a 90 degree angle to the metal.

285px-VFPt_Solenoid_correct2.svg.png

Hall effect - Wikipedia

"The Hall effect is the production of a voltage difference (the Hall voltage) across an electrical conductor, transverse to an electric current in the conductor and to an applied magnetic field perpendicular to the current."

hKOk4Km.png

Going back to our UFO, we basically have an inner shell, and an outer shell. The gap in the shell is filled with Xeon gas. Xeon gas is conductive. The gas takes the electricity and transfers the energy, to the outer shell, which is spinning.

The Navy patent describes "gravitational waveguides" but to me, it seems possible that the entire hull acts as an array of gravitational waveguides.

For instance, if you could segment the hull into a million elements, you could generate a gravitational force at a specific point, which allows you to control the craft.

In other words, a gravitational force would be directed *downwards* to hover, at an angle to move in particular direction.

The key to all of this is the microscopic layers of Bismuth, which are ideal for The Hall Effect.

my thinking is that if any of this was real, useful, it would not be available for discussion or released via FOIA.

By the way, Xenon is a noble gas and is not electrically conductive when in gaseous form.

Fundamentally, a waveguide works by creating boundary conditions for the wave. Are there materials which can do that for gravity waves ? - I thought the Universe is essentially transparent to them.

Last edited:
A Potential Solution to the Mystery of the "Alien" Metal Promoted by "To the Stars" - Jason Colavito

“The combination of bismuth and magnesium had eluded us for four years. But then one day, we found a reference to an obscure industrial process used in the refinement of lead. The process, called the Betterton-Krohl Process, uses molten magnesium floated over the surface of liquid lead. The magnesium sucks up, or pulls bismuth impurities out of the lead! Often, the magnesium is used over and over again…” Presumably, this is the same process that was patented in 1938, producing a thin crust of layered magnesium and bismuth, which is removed from the lead. When the magnesium is reused, new layers would form.

my thinking is that if any of this was real, useful, it would not be available for discussion or released via FOIA.

By the way, Xenon is a noble gas and is not electrically conductive when in gaseous form.

Fundamentally, a waveguide works by creating boundary conditions for the wave. Are there materials which can do that for gravity waves ? - I thought the Universe is essentially transparent to them.

There's a video from Duke University on metamaterials here:

YouTube

As i understand it, what metamaterial are good for, is bending a wave similar to what a prism can do.

The waves that are being bent are simply microwaves.

Here's a description of how the UFO uses microwaves to generate a polarized vaccuum around the craft, as described in U.S. Navy patent US20170313446A1:

*"A craft using an inertial mass reduction device comprises of an inner resonant cavity wall, an outer resonant cavity, and microwave emitters. The electrically charged outer resonant cavity wall and the electrically insulated inner resonant cavity wall form a resonant cavity. The microwave emitters create high frequency electromagnetic waves throughout the resonant cavity causing the resonant cavity to vibrate in an accelerated mode and create a local polarized vacuum outside the outer resonant cavity all."*

The microwave emitters are an electromagnetic field generator, as described in U.S. Navy patent US10135366B2:

That patent leaves a breadcrumb, describing "Their research involves the use of high Radio frequency/Microwave driven resonant cavity Q-thruster technology within the context of Quantum Vacuum Plasma physics."

Here's some info on "microwave driven resonant cavity Q-thruster technology:"

Quantum vacuum thruster - Wikipedia

Here's some stuff to think about, from someone who's grasp on physics is poor:

In a ported subwoofer, we know that we can tune the subwoofer for a very narrow high Q peak.

From reading the patents, the electromagnetic field generators are doing something similar, but instead of generating audio waves they're generating microwaves. The microwaves are exceptionally small. For instance, the microwaves that we used to use for cel phones were a third of a meter long. The microwaves described in the Navy patent are 60 microns long. That's 6/100ths of a millimeter.

The "waveguide" of the meta material has an even smaller aperture, just 3 microns, or three one-thousandths of a millimeter.

I still have lots of questions:

2) why are such small microwaves ideal for this?

1) is the resonant cavity, described in the patent, in the metamaterial? Or in the gap between the inner and outer hull of the UFO?

Reactions: 1 user
This belongs to the lounge...

Probably does, but I am fascinated! And Patrick Bateman has some accumulated Kudos at the forum to get away with some occasional rambling. We suspect he is one of the brighter kids in the class.

hKOk4Km.png

Anyway, surely there's a loudspeaker in there some way? :D

634702d1505070553-classic-monitor-designs-gaussian-curvature-geometry-jpg

Picking out the buzz words, I am getting Quantum Hall Effect, Bismuth and Diamagnetism. Interestingly, Xenon is diamagnetic too. Does this add up to levitation?

Problem you run into with any of these hare-brained ideas, is Newton's Laws of Motion. Any gadget that has a bit of push, must have something to push against. I used to see Prof. Eric Laithwaite in the coffee bar of Imperial College. He probably knew more about gyroscopes than most people. Practically invented the Japanese levitating train. But his design for a Flying Saucer using gyroscopes had a basic flaw. It defied Newton's Laws of Motion. :confused:

If you look at my diamagnetism link, it seems NASA have made a mouse float in mid air. All done with superconducting magnets. If only this power could be harnessed! :D

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
There are a couple of basic mechanisms that would make this impractical unless in a vacuum. The skin drag of a 2m 50krpm spinning disc in ambient air would be enormous. Probably equivalent to power from large aircraft gas turbine engine. It would pump and fling air out radially like Tesla turbine. I would guess of order 500,000 hp or more would be required. Furthermore, 50,000 rpm 2m disc has 5237 m/sec edge tangential velocity or approximately Mach 10. So you have supersonic shocks that would cause problems, and now the power required to spin is probably even higher than my initial estimate. The temperatures of the disc from frictional heating would make it glow red hot. The skin drag on the internal xenon would pull the inner shell to spin in solid body rotation. Or suffer the same frictional heating. Xenon gas is typically used in cases where very high thermal conductivity or electrical conductivity (once ionized) is needed or high mass is needed as in ion engines in space craft. It’s the rarest gas on earth and costs $$$ per liter.

I was trying to see this from the basic cross product forces in physics. Generally take two forces (or motive forces) and you get the third. Like electric current flowing in a B field and you get a physical force that is the right hand rule.

So I see rotating electric currents in narrow cavity. The current is from the microwave emitters. I assume large motors spin the outer shell relative to the inner shell. So take the alternator/generator analogy and we have current and motion and the on board superconducting magnet B field - you get a cross product of force pointing against gravity. But that force has to act on something. Air around us is all that it can act on. However, the supersonic vortex generator that the disc is acting like a blender blade and making its own cyclone isn’t helping things.

I think this is flawed over several basic areas of practical energy sinks. Frictional heating, Mach wave shocks, cyclonic inducing motion, heating of gases and structure. How to cool?

It’s all a hogwash paper patent.

Probably does, but I am fascinated! And Patrick Bateman has some accumulated Kudos at the forum to get away with some occasional rambling. We suspect he is one of the brighter kids in the class.

hKOk4Km.png

Anyway, surely there's a loudspeaker in there some way? :D

634702d1505070553-classic-monitor-designs-gaussian-curvature-geometry-jpg

Picking out the buzz words, I am getting Quantum Hall Effect, Bismuth and Diamagnetism. Interestingly, Xenon is diamagnetic too. Does this add up to levitation?

Problem you run into with any of these hare-brained ideas, is Newton's Laws of Motion. Any gadget that has a bit of push, must have something to push against. I used to see Prof. Eric Laithwaite in the coffee bar of Imperial College. He probably knew more about gyroscopes than most people. Practically invented the Japanese levitating train. But his design for a Flying Saucer using gyroscopes had a basic flaw. It defied Newton's Laws of Motion. :confused:

If you look at my diamagnetism link, it seems NASA have made a mouse float in mid air. All done with superconducting magnets. If only this power could be harnessed! :D

Oddly enough, there seems to be some applications for audio here, and vice versa.

For instance, these metamaterial in the UFO, they're bending microwaves at a 90 degree angle. This is done to propel the craft without the use of jets or rockets. (Q-Thruster.)

But if you take the same metamaterial and you scale it up in size, well now you have a diffusor that can bend sound 90 degrees.

acoustic-hologram-array.jpg

And Duke University built it:

Metamaterials Bend Waves of All Kinds | Duke Today

"In a 2016 proof-of-concept study, Cummer and his team built a wall of such blocks carefully tailored to sculpt a soundwave into an arbitrarily shaped hologram, a shaped sound. They chose to make the shape of the capital letter A.

“Most people are familiar with holograms made of light,” said Cummer. “That’s a general trick that one can do with all kinds of waves. The key is how to use a flat surface to create a complicated, three-dimensional wave field. We created an acoustic metamaterial structure where the sound emerging on the other side is a much more complicated sound field. While we made the sound wave take the shape of the letter A, we might be able to do something like mimicking the complicated sound field produced by a live orchestra out of a single speaker.”

I’m going to give an example ... This is an open source sample. It was sent anonymously to talk show host Art Bell. The fellow claimed to be in the military. He said that this sample was picked up in a crash retrieval, and so he sent it by email.

That is the most impressive technology revealed in these posts. He sent a material sample by email! What was the MIME-type?

The day after I posted this thread, the US Army entered into a five year contract to study this material. The contract was pulled via a Freedom of Information Act request here:

https://documents2.theblackvault.com/documents/army/TTSA-ARMY-CRADA.pdf

If Tom DeLonge happens to stumble across this thread, I live ten miles from you, drop me a line and we'll talk UFO waveguides ;)

From their press release: “Our partnership with TTSA serves as an exciting, non-traditional source for novel materials and transformational technologies to enhance our military ground system capabilities,” said Dr. Joseph Cannon of U.S. Army Futures Command.

Non-traditional source must be the greatest understatement of all time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.