A novices attempt at modding the crossover for my DQ-10 speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of DQ-10 speakers that are still using their original crossovers and would like to smoothly integrate a sub woofer (Rhythmic F12) into the passive crossover. Is this a valid way to integrate a sub or should i just recap them to their original spec --Minus the super tweeter--

Note - The driver S6 in the DQ-10 modded file would be the sub woofer

Thank you for any and all answers.

Attachments

• DQ-10 Original.jpg
    DQ-10 Original.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DQ-10 Modded.jpg
    DQ-10 Modded.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Don't try to modify the existing crossover. An easier and quicker way is to use a plate amp with adjustable crossover, phase, and volume with the sub-woofer. Trying to do it passively with a large inductor means issues with insertion loss and volume matching.

If your DQ-10's have the original crossovers with electrolytic capacitors, you should consider replacing them with decent film types from Audyn or Clarity. Next up would be replacing sand cast resistors with non-inductive wire wounds from Mills or Lynx.

Virtually impossible to do what you are thinking of. Slope must be steep to ensure no localization of sound from sub (and so you can place sub in a good spot). Likewise, your mains will be very happy if you can keep low notes out of their wheelhouse, as you can do with electronic XO.

Great choice of sub.

B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.