Vintage Philips speaker identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this might help

Attachments

• 20190922_103011.jpg
    20190922_103011.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 411
what should i look for
All you can look for are clues, which is what I did.

According to the data sheets, two versions of the 7" full range drivers were made.

One version had the parameters to suit a 7 litre sealed cabinet while the other version suited a 25 litre sealed cabinet.

You can do an experimental comparison simply by using cardboard boxes.

Such a temporary lash-up should be sufficient to reveal which volume of sealed cabinet is optimum for your driver - be it 7L, 25L or whatever!

found nothing similar to it
Maybe not identical, but certainly similar!

Looking again at the data sheets, the 7 litre version had a rubber surround so we can count that version out.

The 25 litre version had a fabric surround so has the closest similarity to your corrugated paper surround speaker.

That's as much as I can help - experiment with a 25 litre cardboard box and see how it goes.

purchase date vs production date, when you bought them matters little compared to when they where made.

what this driver out of ?

even looking for 2415 264 48001 like a Philips catalogue number doesn't yield an identity which makes me think that's it OEM for a different brand, possibly an organ or perhaps commercial paging product.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.