Shallow Sealed MTM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I'm looking to try to build a shallow MTM speaker to be used as LCR for my theater.

For various reasons I'm looking to build sealed boxes with a compression driver MTM speaker configuration, with the tweeter to whose size don't exceed the following constrain: HxWxD ~600mmX450mmX190mm;

I was looking at B&C for the drivers but I'll be more that happy for suggestions and indications.

Crossover will be implemented by the means of MiniDSP or similar as I'd like to experiment with active speakers and as I don't have the skills to solder a crossover board.

I'm not expert in speaker design and this is going to be more an exercise/experiment for me.

what I'm after is to build the smallest sealed enclosure that can host couple of 8" woofers and a compression driver in a waveguide .

there are companies (or one at least) that are producing speakers with specs similar to what I wrote ... I 'just' don't know which driver and horn to select ... so many choices.

I took B&C for example as they are Italian and by reading on the web they seems to be very well respected :)

thank you very much for the help,

Ben

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.