Adire Audio Bang Crossover Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was reviewing crossovers for a two-way system design and remembered this crossover for the Adire Audio Bang project from a long time ago. I am using it as a starting point to reacquaint myself with the practical implementation of crossover networks.

A bit rusty but, I have a basic understanding of the Linkwitz crossovers and compensation networks. Trying to understand this modified design because it seems different.

Let's start with the tweeter, and what I think I think understand about the circuit:

• First parallel RLC, I am assuming is the notch filter to flatten the tweeter response as mentioned.
  • If the other resistors are removed, it would appear that the remaining LCs form the classic 4th order L-R filter.
  • If the two statements above are correct, then what are the roles of the other resistors? Was thinking L pad, but that does not look right. Basic resistive compensation?
The woofer circuit seems to be more straightforward except for the fact that the second L-R filter cascade appears to incorporate a Zobel network, otherwise the filter is a T-network filter.

Normally, I would simulate this in LTSpice, but can't get it to install on my machine and I'm little strapped for time for a complete analysis at the moment. Just trying to understand basically what's happening. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Audio Bang Crossover Circuit.JPG
    Audio Bang Crossover Circuit.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.