Endow Audio speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS301 - Endow Audio's First Edition speaker ($44,000/pair)
Endow Audio | Endow Audio
Setting new expectations in speaker transparency and imaging.
Never before have you heard audio this truly saturated. Experience powerful audio that envelopes your senses in every crash of the cymbal, every pluck of the string, and every nuanced note.

Product Features
Point Array technology (patent pending)
Passive Signal Processor (PSP) technology (patent pending)
Baffle available in either piano black or walnut
Genuine leather cabinet
Outboard passive crossover

prod-fs301-slight-left.png

So, this thing has been published at RMAF 2019 show now. Good luck for the new company, but I have some doubts...

Here is JVS's article about the release
Endow Audio’s Remarkable FS301 Loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

the FS301 claims to be a mathematically accurate point source. The speaker’s outboard "passive signal processor" splits the signal five ways before sending it over custom cabling to (1) the subwoofer, (2) the point array’s center driver, (3) the point array’s four drivers that more or less point toward the four rear corners of the room, (4) the array’s four other drivers that point left, right, up, and down, and (5) the hidden woofer behind the point array.

I'm not sure if he really understood the meaning of the hemi's four-way psp system's purpose, or is the designer on the map...

Here are the designer's patents David Strunk Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search

I like PSP!
Passive Signal Processor (PSP) technology (patent pending)
Note how the spider-head mounts the woofers: the laterals are back mounted and the front one, you can see the flange.
WOW! 4 more speakers are BACK mounted!
No, wait...well...er...wavelenght/2 and CTC equals to...add PSP and the magic begins! :p

Uhmm...the front speaker has one path, the on-axys ones are another path and the back-mounted another one. Then there's the big one and another, the "hidden woofer behind the point array", probably covered by the fabric and obstructed by the "head". ANd you call it 5 ways...5 ways of splitting the signal. Probably some experiment with all-pass filters...

48207131fa7431ba4496824a336a5a61.jpg

Let me translate this into English:

"The designer of this loudspeaker is 29 years old. He's trying out some new things. Half of the midranges have been reversed, to lower distortion via push-pull mounting. "

1018tekton.2.jpg

"We could've copied Tekton, but that would have been obvious. We went with a hemisphere because it gets people talking."

Hi,

I doubt the pefect point source and would like to see the schematics of the PSP, aaahh, crossover if one sees it a bit more conservatively...
And what about the reflections the "perfect point source" will have once emissions hit the baffle?
Strange concept and strange optics (and that from someone who likes strange optics...).
44 k$ direct-sale? Good luck...

All the best

Mattes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.