Proac crossover

you could not help me?
Looking back at your first post, you don't actually say what you find wrong with the performance of the 8 ohm version of the midrange driver.

You mentioned that a 'Wilmslow Audio crossover' gave a worse result than the original manufacturer's 16 ohm midrange crossover.

That begs the question - in what way is the replacement 8 ohm midrange speaker underperforming when used with the original 16 ohm crossover?

Why not accept the help you've already been given and physically try out Datsun's crossover modification to see if it remedies matters?

There appears to be a problem of communication here, perhaps due to language differences.

It is not clear which crossover version you think is 'best'.

Also, if the 'best' crossover 'sounds great', what is the problem?

We need a drawing of this 'best' crossover, including the component values.

Then perhaps we will better understand your question regarding the 4.7uF capacitor.

I think I understand now, but correct me if I'm wrong!

It seems that you have used the 15uF capacitor instead of the recommended 4.7uF one because you think it makes the crossover sound better.

If that is the case then stay with the 15uF capacitor. You don't have to use a 4.7uF capacitor just because the rules say so. Often, breaking the rules gives the best result!

WAIT A MINUTE!

I've just spotted a mistake in one of Datsun's component values in post #10, which I've been wrongly working with!

The rule is that if the driver impedance is halved then the inductor value should also be halved and the capacitor value should be doubled.

Thus, referring to the original crossover scheme the midrange components should be changed to:

C3 = 47uF, L2 = 0.65mH, L3 = 0.45mH and C4 = 18uF

So its neither 4.5uF or 15uF, but should be 18uF.

Hope this finally clears things up!

Attachments

• original scheme.jpg
    original scheme.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,153
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
You want the sound to be the same as the original...

I think you should leave the woofer and the tweeter crossover original. Then compare the 8 ohm and 16 ohm response so you can create the difference. You must also compare the 8 ohm and the 16 ohm impedance vs frequency. This is much easier to do with a simulator.

crossover proac ebs

the sound with that grain in the high part was suspicious to me that the d2010 were distorting I had the opportunity to try others and they no longer do it, I think that with the Wilmslow Audio filter they lowered the frequency cut a lot and broke down.
now they work well but I would like to put some better twetter
They could advise me with the same characteristics or modifying the croossover.
Cheers

Hello.
In order not to produce topics, I decided to ask knowledgeable people here: I purchased the used ProAc D30S acoustics
I noticed that there are fewer high frequencies in the left channel. The acoustics did not seem to open.
Using improvised means, I took off the amplitude-frequency response, in the area of the tweeter the difference is 2dB.
Question: Is such a channel mismatch acceptable? Can this be fixed by reducing the resistance of the resistor? Is this a defect from the factory or the previous owner ruined the acoustics?
Thanks.

90.jpg