Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Metlako: A Small, Affordable Two-Way Unity Waveguide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th September 2019, 08:10 PM   #41
Patrick Bateman is offline Patrick Bateman  United States
diyAudio Member

I use these : Sure Electronics AA-AB33184 4x100W TDA7498 Class-D Amplifier Board
Old Today, 03:35 AM   #42
454Casull is offline 454Casull  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I think it will be difficult for Kef to "catch up" to Genelec without DSP; to me, it looks like Genelec is using FIR filters on their speaker to get those crazy-good polars.
In order from best to worst off-axis response:

Kef R300 Midrange Drive Unit Testing | Medley's Musings

Kef LS50 Drive Unit | Medley's Musings (results flawed due to non-flush-mounting)

Kef Q100 Speaker Drive Unit Testing | Medley's Musings

None of the off-axis tweeter responses shown can be fixed with FIR to the point that their polars would be similar to Genelec's; they're just too inconsistent. The R300 really isn't bad, though.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #43
jzagaja is offline jzagaja  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Metlako has been reliably printing in PETG but I really want to print most of them in ABS+, if possible. ABS is a nightmare to print, but the finished print just looks so much better.
Take a look on PP copolymers. Regular PP has strong shrinkage but copolymer can be good and part strong. My first printed horn, Iwata 600 in white pearl.

Next task - experiment with printed composites.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 166CD56C-7A69-4ABE-AFA6-C25F86789D5D.jpeg (740.5 KB, 50 views)
Old Today, 10:43 PM   #44
natehansen66 is offline natehansen66  United States
diyAudio Member

Patrick I'm starting to have good luck with ABS. No enclosure yet, and it's counter-intuitive but in areas where the print gets thin or is being supported I'm running my fan at 15%. I've settled on 245 for a print temp as well. First layer bed at 100 and ramp up to 110 after that - my Prusa has no issues with the heat. Dry filament is necessary as well with ABS. I feel your pain about getting things to fit. I'm in the modeling stage of a near full range 3 way Synergy that I hope to print in ABS and it's looking pretty crazy getting all the drivers stuck on

Metlako: A Small, Affordable Two-Way Unity WaveguideHide this!Advertise here!