John Kreskovsky's web site.

It's OK to take a break sometimes. I suppose you can feel there is no more to learn. There may be other reasons.

But IMO, nobody currently knows more about the theory of filters than John Kreskovsky. TBH, he goes way over my head most of the time. :eek:

John, whatever the reason, you are much appreciated. Another little gem of John's is to be found here:
DIY speaker designs: Vifa P17WJ-00-08 - D25AG-35-06 System at audioDIYcentral

A good looking little 10L sealed box 6" polycone VIfa P17WJ-00-08 with the famous metal Vifa D25AG-35-06 tweeter from 2004. The woofer is still around, and it can't be hard to find an equivalent tweeter.

I hope we can preserve some of John's work in some fashion.The phase linear aka zero group delay high order three-way is particularly interesting.

A friend has offered to host the technical articles. I haven't decided what to do yet as I need to go through them and see which I would like to have him post. I just don't have the interest to update things anymore and, frankly, Yahoo just keeps increasing hosting prices without giving anything in return.

Nothing will be deleted from WayBack.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you want to put it on Audiodevelopers.com, I'll set up an account and links from the main page. It would be "Audiodevelopers.com/yourname", but you could get your own domain name with a redirect for $10/yr. I've had Audiodevelopers.com for at least 12 years, and I intend to keep renewing until I'm too old and forgetful to do so (no guarantee on when that would happen).

Audiodevelopers is configured to use WordPress site--very easy to use.

Last edited:
I haven´t been on this website for a long time, but back in my mind i thought: "this looks familiar"... Then I found the quasi transient XOs... This apporach blew my mind years ago.

John - I have some webspace to spare (hosted in Germany) and would be happy to provide a mirror and a domain to host your work. I could simply give you (or your friend) an account (ftp for example) and you could upload everything there. If you need help - no problem.

Neil's offer also is a good idea to put everything into some sort of wiki/blog/wordpress site - my offer is more of the idea to conserve everything and simply save you the money of hosting it (there is PHP/mysQL etc. present - so one could do all sorts of things on this webspace)..

John K, sorry to hear you are hanging up your boots (UK term referring to football/soccer) and wish you all the best in whatever is next. One question, what are your intentions for the minidsp files and plans for the various speakers, will these be on the planned new site, paid or free (as they will no longer be supported)?

I haven't made and decisions about the speaker plans. I don't like the idea of free. The nominal fee I charge is more to give the buyer the incentive not to further distribute them; to protect their interest and to try and keep the files virgin. Being digital in nature it's too easy to modify the setting and next thing you know there are corrupt files floating around that don't represent the speaker's design performance. But I will continue to support any builder.