PC speaker with Bass, Speedster or 5W-1138SMF based

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a small speaker for my PC setup and consider the Speedster design by Paul Carmody. I would like to understand the design considerations and simulations behind.

Is there an original thread or design description going more into details on eg. port tuning or crossover than this?

Speedster - undefinition

Alternatively I am considering using the Tang Band W5-1138SMF, but in that case would need to pair it with a full range unit. Does anyone have recommendations for a high quality unit?

Viperros,

Paul has a design with the W5-1138SMF where he uses the Fountek FE85:

Isetta - undefinition

I guess a good number of wide-band (full range) units would work with the W5-1138 including the Vifa TC9FD, various Mark Audio, Dayton, and Fountek units.

By PC setup, you mean that they will be on the desk? These will be mainly for audio or other purposes like gaming?

What are the drivers that are easily available to you?

What amplifier are you planning to use?

Thanks for the feedback, I need to check out that build you mention.

The speakers are for my desk with primarily music listening and also gaming in mind to replace and declutter my current 2.1 setup with an old surround receiver and large sub.

I would probably go with some sort of Icepower/Hypex amp, but this is still open. It can be that I include some active filtering, but depends on the drivers I find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.