how many Liters for my 15"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
^ For home use, two or more ports can be advantageous: the low end response can be tuned to the room and speaker position somewhat by blocking one or more of the ports. On the other hand if the box has to be as loud as possible you really cannot change the tune since it must be optimized for driver excursion, then one port best;) Sometimes, there is not enough space for one big port... or only smaller tube in the stock, or it is a single sheet project or something else more important design goal :) Happy building!

Last edited:
So having a similar design task (2226h around 120-130L) I had in my cad two round holes.
Should I just do one big rectangular?! Do side ratios play a big game?

One large hole (even better, flared) is the most efficient as it has the lowest wall surface area to open area ratio. A slot port of a given area 1mm high and a metre wide would theoretically have the same as a circle of the same area, but would not work. It always helps to think in extremes!

Also consider symmetry of air flow - is the airflow as close to identical as possible in both directions? (Clue - internal port baffle!).

Also consider symmetry of air flow - is the airflow as close to identical as possible in both directions? (Clue - internal port baffle!).

thanks!

My 'uneducated' understanding of what you said has to do with the proximity and structure (design) of the inner part of the port/speaker? (and the surrounding area)
Proximity to internal walls etc?

My 3d cad is all parametric so I can easily move things around and the rest of the design follows. Ill do a couple of port simulations and see how the fit in the design (the lower part of the speaker is slimmer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.