how many Liters for my 15"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So.... Hum, Hum.
I am sure this has been (and will be)covered a thousand time over but can t find any even half-set rules about:
How many liters should I build my trapezoid speaker box to host a 15" speaker.
or more like how small can I get away with.

I will:
use birch ply 18mm
brace da living poop at of it.
vent it using a four corners config
separate the top from the 15".
thank you.

just out of curiousity tho.
some calculator ask if the cab has bracings so if it does, reduces the volume of the cab. I am a wood worker so (not too brag but) the cab will be built to a quiet high standard with rigidity in mind. Is it worth taking in considaration?
I am not looking for an in depth awnser of cours as I imagine I would be lacking the knowlege 3 words in but you know...

Thanks for your time.

Alex, AFAIK, they're the only ones who do that. Seems counterintuitive but they are well respected and have been doing it for all the time I've been in this hobby.
Cal,
Beginning in the early 1990s, JBL began an "orderly transition" to the positive-to-red standard in accordance with practices recommended by the AES, EIA, IEC, and other standards organizations.

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/JBL_TechNoteN1V12C_v5.pdf

That said, the 2025HPL is not listed in that tech note.
It is always best to check each unit for polarity (a simple "pop" with a 9volt battery will push the cone forward or back) as any unit may be wired wrong from the factory or after a re-cone.

Art

For what it's worth, triangular corner vents are about the worst possible shape you can make a port. Please consider straight tubes at the very least. You can lose many dB of output through port compression, and add even more dB of distortion by selecting an unsuitable shaped port! One large and properly flared port is the best option.

Indeed! Pretty much gave up getting folks to use one big vent once my 'soapbox' wore out though. :(

GM

Quite - a hole is a hole to most folks. Such a shame because there is so much to be gained (or reduced!) almost for free with a little bit of extra work on this 'hole'! There are a limited amount of port white papers on the web, but some with very good pragmatic information which can be readily reproduced by the DIYer.

Quite - a hole is a hole to most folks. Such a shame because there is so much to be gained (or reduced!) almost for free with a little bit of extra work on this 'hole'! There are a limited amount of port white papers on the web, but some with very good pragmatic information which can be readily reproduced by the DIYer.

So having a similar design task (2226h around 120-130L) I had in my cad two round holes.
Should I just do one big rectangular?! Do side ratios play a big game?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.