Help with Speaker Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have been looking to do a speaker build for many years and need a little guidance. I am here looking for help from someone with experience and the necessary software to point me in the right direction. I’d like to work one on one with you and will pay for your services. (I do not see anything in the rules regarding this. I am hoping this is not a violation).

My goals:

Full range floor-standing speaker with coaxial midrange/tweeter and two 10” woofers in a separate sealed enclosure below. I have had this design in mind for a very long and simply do not have the information I need to execute it, especially regarding crossover design and driver selection. I have a lot of experience in woodworking and have built a few speaker projects in the past. I just need some professional advice to iron out some of the flaws and tell me what to do regarding crossovers.

Any takers?

Sorry If I missed the answers further up...

May I ask why your choice of drivers? Is that something for aesthetics? or do you believe you need that combination to achieve another goal?

Reason I ask - your choice is a solution - not a goal. If we understand what your goals are, we might recommend alternative drivers / topology.

Key questions - 1. do you expect satisfying bass from these without a subwoofer? 2. What F3 target should we be shooting for and are we constrained by cabinet size? 3. Why a coaxial mid/tweeter? (this may limit choices)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.