Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Bluetooth Speaker Build Help
Bluetooth Speaker Build Help
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2019, 03:11 PM   #1
JendoRiot is offline JendoRiot
diyAudio Member

Default Bluetooth Speaker Build Help

I bought Nobsound TAS5630 2.1 Channel 4ohm Class D Digital Amplifier Board 300W (Subwoofer) + 150Wx2 (Full Range). I am powering the Amp with a 48V 10Ah Battery and the Full Range Speakers sound very good. However, the subwoofer doesn't seem to be working as intended. I am trying to power JL Audio 6.5 in 150W RMS 4 Ohm Subwoofer, but it is not loud. I measured around 13V at max volume on this Subwoofer channel on the amp and it doesn't seem right. I am not sure if the amp is faulty or if it's the subwoofer or what else it could be. Any information is appreciated.

Amp:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Speakers:
C2-525 - Car Audio - C2 - Component Systems - JL Audio

Subwoofer:
6W3v3-4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W3v3 - JL Audio

Last edited by JendoRiot; 12th July 2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added links to amp, speakers, subwoofer.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Welcome to the forum!

It may be helpful if you would supply links to the amp board, full range speakers and subwoofer that you are using, so that we can see the full specifications.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I think your power supply is not up for the task. Total current for the full power, 1x240W sub(BTL), 2x55W satellites (SE) calculates to 15A.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojzek View Post
I think your power supply is not up for the task. Total current for the full power, 1x240W sub(BTL), 2x55W satellites (SE) calculates to 15A.
The battery I am using is below:
Amazon.com : BTR Portable 48V 10ah/15ah/20ah/28ah/30ah/40ah/50ah Ebike Lithium Battery Pack with A Battery Charger, BMS for Electric Bicycle (48V 10Ah) : Sports & Outdoors

Even if I get 10A out of the battery, shouldn't that be enough to drive the subwoofer and the satellites?
Old 12th July 2019, 06:00 PM   #5
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

You are using a 10Ah battery that is probably good for continuos 3-4 A. Then there is the matter of TS parameters of the drive units. We know nothing of it, neither manufacturer provided info. One would need to measure completely everything to know for sure why this is happening.
Old 12th July 2019, 07:17 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

On the product information for the battery, it states that maximum continuous discharging current is 50 amps, I would assume 15 or 10 amps would be no trouble for this battery. Is there a way to bump up the current?
Old 12th July 2019, 07:22 PM   #7
randytsuch is offline randytsuch
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JendoRiot View Post
On the product information for the battery, it states that maximum continuous discharging current is 50 amps, I would assume 15 or 10 amps would be no trouble for this battery. Is there a way to bump up the current?
Battery is intended for a bike, which would have a fairly constant discharge curve, and not care if there was a relatively slow response time.
Very different from powering an amp.

Did you measure the battery voltage output/amp power input?
See what it is, and if it's steady.
Old 12th July 2019, 09:41 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I will try to do this soon. However, assuming it's not steady, would this be the root of my problem? Should I connect a voltage regulator to the output of the battery?
Old 15th July 2019, 08:44 AM   #9
niean is offline niean
diyAudio Member

Awesome project keep us posted kinda jealous I don't have much free time do this still stuck on my current bluetooth speaker jbl and aomais sport ii. For your problem I assume you already tested everything above mentioned one thing I would like to add is to change the amp just for testing and re-calculate everything I'm only guessing the power is limited as the battery is not good enough for that build.
Old 15th July 2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JendoRiot View Post
Should I connect a voltage regulator to the output of the battery?
The best approach is to use a battery which has a high enough capacity amd low enough internal resistance to ensure the terminal voltage drops little under load.

Voltage regulators can bring their own problems such as heat generation or the production of RF noise incompatible with the use of bluetooth.

Bluetooth Speaker Build HelpHide this!Advertise here!