Bluetooth Speaker Build Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought Nobsound TAS5630 2.1 Channel 4ohm Class D Digital Amplifier Board 300W (Subwoofer) + 150Wx2 (Full Range). I am powering the Amp with a 48V 10Ah Battery and the Full Range Speakers sound very good. However, the subwoofer doesn't seem to be working as intended. I am trying to power JL Audio 6.5 in 150W RMS 4 Ohm Subwoofer, but it is not loud. I measured around 13V at max volume on this Subwoofer channel on the amp and it doesn't seem right. I am not sure if the amp is faulty or if it's the subwoofer or what else it could be. Any information is appreciated.

Amp:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711LCS91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Speakers:
C2-525 - Car Audio - C2 - Component Systems - JL Audio

Subwoofer:
6W3v3-4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W3v3 - JL Audio

Last edited:
You are using a 10Ah battery that is probably good for continuos 3-4 A. Then there is the matter of TS parameters of the drive units. We know nothing of it, neither manufacturer provided info. One would need to measure completely everything to know for sure why this is happening.

On the product information for the battery, it states that maximum continuous discharging current is 50 amps, I would assume 15 or 10 amps would be no trouble for this battery. Is there a way to bump up the current?

Battery is intended for a bike, which would have a fairly constant discharge curve, and not care if there was a relatively slow response time.
Very different from powering an amp.

Did you measure the battery voltage output/amp power input?
See what it is, and if it's steady.

Awesome project keep us posted kinda jealous I don't have much free time do this still stuck on my current bluetooth speaker jbl and aomais sport ii. For your problem I assume you already tested everything above mentioned one thing I would like to add is to change the amp just for testing and re-calculate everything I'm only guessing the power is limited as the battery is not good enough for that build.

Should I connect a voltage regulator to the output of the battery?
The best approach is to use a battery which has a high enough capacity amd low enough internal resistance to ensure the terminal voltage drops little under load.

Voltage regulators can bring their own problems such as heat generation or the production of RF noise incompatible with the use of bluetooth.

UPDATE:

I bought a buck converter because the output of the battery measures at 53V.

The buck converter I got below:
Amazon.com: DC Buck Converter, DROK DC-DC Step Down Voltage Regulator 10V-75V to 0-60V 12A DKP6012 CC CV Digital Control Volt Reducer Board Power Supply Module: Home Audio & Theater

It seems the midrange speakers are using ~0.5A but they sound good/loud. However, when I connect the subwoofer, it still does not sound like it is getting "300W" of power. Amps don't go much higher than 1A when everything is connected. What am I doing wrong? Could it be the amplifier is bad?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.