Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Newbie wants to build a speaker
Newbie wants to build a speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2019, 10:17 PM   #11
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I'm still using the pair of Wharfedale RS/12/DD (DD for Double Diaphragm) that I bought 50 years ago in 1969.

They've occupied a variety of enclosures since that time and, of course, thrive on valve amplification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RS12DD.jpg (101.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 17th July 2019, 10:47 PM   #12
LineSource is offline LineSource  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knochen View Post
@LineSource: Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I researched this a bit and I guess the problem is that this does not only require the speakers, but a quite complex system around, like a active crossover with several amplifiers to adjust each channel separately?
If you can bi-amp with either basic LR2/LR4 slopes, or with software/hardware DSP, a modest complexity passive component crossover is possible. -example-

If you can tri-amp with software/hardware DSP the (no passive parts) crossover can be accurate for time and room effects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BiAmp 3Way Desktop.jpg (164.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 17th July 2019, 10:49 PM   #13
MrKlinky is offline MrKlinky  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have read that the drivers in a commercial which costs $1000 at the dealer cost the manufacturer about $50. Go figure...
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #14
Tweet is offline Tweet  Australia
diyAudio Member

Made in China allows for better profit margins.

C.M

Newbie wants to build a speakerHide this!Advertise here!