|Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10th July 2019, 10:36 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2018
Tang-Band W5-1138SMF pairing with Dayton fullrange
I'm currently starting to build another bluetooth speaker.
My goal is to build something similar to this: Isetta - undefinition
But with better full range drivers.
Amp that I am going to use is this: TPA3116 Subwoofer Bluetooth Amplifier HiFi 2.1 Channel Digital Audio Stereo Amp | eBay
So my questions are:
1. If I want to get most out of the amplifier then good choice for the satellites would be Dayton RS100-4? Max power handling is 60W. This amp puts out 50W@4ohm to satellites and 100W@4ohm to sub.
2. I've read that this amp plays the satellites to 150hz (adjustment possible to lower frequency, but I would like to keep it at 150hz) from where the sub takes over. I assume Dayton RS100-4 would be a good match to this Tang Band sub if the amp crosses over at 150hz? Dayton has Fs of 84.8 Hz.
3. Since RS100-4 is way more competent than the Fountek used with Isetta's original design I hope I don't have to use any filters to achieve pleasant highs?
4. Isetta's original design gave the satellites 1L litre separate sealed enclosures. With RS100-4 do I have to increase the sealed parts? Or can I build the encloure without the sealed compartments? How will that affect the sound?
5. Isetta's original reflex port size is really strange - 1.5 inches diameter and 10.5 inches long. Closest thing I found was this - Precision Sound 2" Flared Speaker Cabinet Port Tube Kit - Your favorite one-stop-shop for DIY audio components - SoundImports How much should correct the length to achieve the same F3 of 35hz of the original design?
So many questions, I hope someone can help me out
Last edited by BrockLanders; 10th July 2019 at 10:43 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tiny sub based on Tang Band W5-1138SMF sub and Dayton DSA270-PR||Jared||Subwoofers||10||1st January 2019 07:52 PM|
|Tang Band W5-1138SMF 6th order bandpass||Hugh Jazz||Subwoofers||23||7th September 2018 01:34 AM|
|FS: Dayton Audio MCA 2250E 2.1 Channel Class D Amp And Tang Band W5-1138SMF Driver||Williham||Swap Meet||2||19th March 2018 04:01 PM|
|WTD Tang Band W5-1138SMF in USA||weskoki||Swap Meet||0||25th February 2017 11:26 AM|
|Tang Band W5-1138SMF Bass heavy floor standing speaker||PA5cAL1||Multi-Way||19||11th September 2013 02:19 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|