Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

MBL radialstrahler
MBL radialstrahler
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2019, 04:00 PM   #11
Rewind is offline Rewind  Sweden
diyAudio Member

MBL radialstrahler
I heard it or similar, and it is not a great speaker. Cool effect with 360 degrees but not worth it to have ao low sound quality. Worst was treble.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:28 PM   #12
rave959 is offline rave959  United States
diyAudio Member

I heard their floorstanding version driven with their mono block amps at a show. I walked in with an open mind. I was in awe of what the components looked like - nice and shiny. They had a lot of women handing out brochures in office clothing (all marketing). The sound - not so much. Diffused like an open baffle, but with less resolution. At the time I had the Linkwitz Orion and Gedlee Abbey (still own) for comparison.
Old 13th July 2019, 03:37 AM   #13
JRSystems is offline JRSystems  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVWERK View Post
A few years back at a local hiend meet they had this same setup with the full MBL amps and driven by a custom reel to reel vs digital demo..
(Digital sucked in comparison BTW)

The guy sitting in front of us had a RTA spectrum analyzer going and you could see on every song a seagull dip throughout the midrange on every song they played

Now I dont know if the mirror image petals were cancelling at our listening distance or what,
but these are interesting speakers and for whatever reason every time I have listened to these over the years they always play them way to loud for my tastes.

These are visitors from outer space and the prices are too.

Regards
David
David, I agree, they tend to play them extremely loud at shows.

MBL radialstrahlerHide this!Advertise here!