Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Removal of Horn from TAD 2404
Removal of Horn from TAD 2404
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2019, 09:06 AM   #1
1note is offline 1note  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default Removal of Horn from TAD 2404

Does anyone know how to remove the horn from the TAD 2404 speaker? I have removed the 4 long external screws holding the horn in place from the front of the speaker cabinet. I have also removed the woofer giving me access to inside the cabinet and cannot find anything internally that is stopping the horn from being removed. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
1note
Old 8th July 2019, 02:08 PM   #2
weltersys is offline weltersys  United States
diyAudio Member

You probably will need to pound in a putty knife or thin wood chisel to break the horn free of the cabinet baffle without splitting any face veneer.
Old 12th July 2019, 02:29 PM   #3
1note is offline 1note  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Thanks weltersys. I got the woofer out of the first speaker by unbolting it and then using an allen key for a little leverage at one of the top holes in the outer metal woofer frame through which the bolts are inserted. I then thought I would need to take the horn out to get to the small rear back panel insert which I wanted to unscrew, and hence my question. I finally managed to unscrew it from the inside without taking out the horn. Unfortunately I could not take out the second speaker's woofer with the same method. It was as if it was glued to the cork. I and a friend both tried to push it out by inserting our hands through the woofer ports on either side but with no joy. I got a rubber mallet and inserted it through one of the woofer ports and with one hard knock it came out.

Removal of Horn from TAD 2404Hide this!Advertise here!