Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Purifi Audio by Bruno Putzeys and friends.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2019, 09:37 AM   #71
kessito is offline kessito  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
But I will admit that sometimes I wished I had Bruno's brain, if only the left side that is

Jan
Be carefull what yoh whish for..
Old 12th July 2019, 11:02 AM   #72
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
... I am attempting to share knowledge and observations with you and for your benefit. ...
Dan.
And yet - you have been proven wrong and delusional so many time on this forum - but you keep insisting on that you are fit to offer "knowledge and observations"...

Shame!

//
Old 12th July 2019, 11:08 AM   #73
Max Headroom is offline Max Headroom  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: West Australia, near to the beach, natural ambient sounds mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
This thread is about Purifi Audio and their stuff Max, not your goop or other crazy theories. If you don't want people to challenge you on your highly implausible observations then don't post them.
So go ahead please state these 'crazy theories' that you ascribe to me, I am interested to hear of such theories. While you are at it please detail these 'highly implausible observations', that would be educational to me too. Both these tasks require a reference of some sort, you might like to explain your reference belief system that gives rise to your exclamation.

Dan.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:56 AM   #74
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
One needs to be very suspicious if something resembling the truth is your goal. I remember a friend of mine said "I don't trust anyone, I never have", but it was said in such a way and the context was such that it was anything but a negative thought.
I don't even trust myself.
Or rather, I have absolute trust in my malfunctioning memory, and my ability to completely forget any/all previous events at random.

Depends on perspective.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:59 AM   #75
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
The facts seem genuine to me. For instance, it is easily seen that the effective piston area varies with excursion
OK, but speaking of facts this is a problem only when a small cone is used where a larger one might otherwise be. Possibly to the fourth power.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:08 PM   #76
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

Exactly, and the stated goal of all their deliberations is to design a small, long stroke driver that performs as a good as a large short stroke driver!

Jan
Old 12th July 2019, 12:22 PM   #77
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

^ I don't see how it ever can as regards doppler distortion
Old 12th July 2019, 12:50 PM   #78
Bill Coltrane is offline Bill Coltrane  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

There's always a compromise.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:54 PM   #79
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Yes, the compromise here is size. There's no way that it can "perform as good" though surely regards doppler distortion?
Old 12th July 2019, 01:00 PM   #80
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member

As Bill said, always a compromise. Is the doppler distortion more or less audible than the 'granularity' of the magnetic part, or of the distortion due to changing effective piston diameter?

A good designer will try to find the best combination of trade-offs that still gives him an increase in performance wrt the current state of the art. He/she does that through an advanced technique called 'engineering'.

And the final arbiter is the market - the best survey is a signed purchase order.

Jan

Purifi Audio by Bruno Putzeys and friends.Hide this!Advertise here!