Purifi Audio by Bruno Putzeys and friends.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What ????.....my inputs to you are encouraging and kindly but you want to argue and continue arguing FFS. You are arguing about cases where a difference is extremely minor and the subject is a novice.

In the case of obvious difference the 'blindness' of the test does not matter except for when formal records are required. I think you should try some On The Fly modification sighted testing for yourself and learn to discriminate fine differences as a first step.

Dan.

It's the argument itself that is important, not the person making it.

And why do you assume that I haven't done all this?

That's why Harman developed the Speaker Mover. These guys were dead serious about DB tests. And some of their results are interesting.

Jan

That indeed made huge steps in the progress of audio.

One needs to be very suspicious if something resembling the truth is your goal. I remember a friend of mine said "I don't trust anyone, I never have", but it was said in such a way and the context was such that it was anything but a negative thought.

Exactly.

But on forums like this it's difficult to do as human communication is mostly body language. And here we just have words.

It's the argument itself that is important, not the person making it.
Nope the results of design/modifications are what is important.
And why do you assume that I haven't done all this?
By the nature and tone of your answering it is uncertain of your training and expertise, I did ask
how old are you and what is your experience with audio electronics ?.
Please understand that I am not being at all confrontational, I am attempting to share knowledge and observations with you and for your benefit. If you were to try the magnet/aluminium foil experiment you might learn something, what's stopping you ?.

Dan.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
:cool:
Sounds almost like Jan has become Spokesman for Purifi.

:)

Patrick

Not really Patrick, you will see that I take no position here other than trying to communicate what I learned.
The facts seem genuine to me. For instance, it is easily seen that the effective piston area varies with excursion due to the surround stretching and compressing, which necessarily must lead to distortion.
Whether that new surround a) solves the issue and/or b) leads to audible difference, I don't know.

I do know that in measurements which I posted earlier, the improvement is obvious as lower distortion.

But I will admit that sometimes I wished I had Bruno's brain, if only the left side that is :cool:

Jan

Last edited:
This thread is about Purifi Audio and their stuff Max, not your goop or other crazy theories. If you don't want people to challenge you on your highly implausible observations then don't post them.
So go ahead please state these 'crazy theories' that you ascribe to me, I am interested to hear of such theories. While you are at it please detail these 'highly implausible observations', that would be educational to me too. Both these tasks require a reference of some sort, you might like to explain your reference belief system that gives rise to your exclamation.

Dan.

One needs to be very suspicious if something resembling the truth is your goal. I remember a friend of mine said "I don't trust anyone, I never have", but it was said in such a way and the context was such that it was anything but a negative thought.

I don't even trust myself.
Or rather, I have absolute trust in my malfunctioning memory, and my ability to completely forget any/all previous events at random.

Depends on perspective.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
As Bill said, always a compromise. Is the doppler distortion more or less audible than the 'granularity' of the magnetic part, or of the distortion due to changing effective piston diameter?

A good designer will try to find the best combination of trade-offs that still gives him an increase in performance wrt the current state of the art. He/she does that through an advanced technique called 'engineering'. :cool:

And the final arbiter is the market - the best survey is a signed purchase order.

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.