Linkwitz Transform on hypex 2.400 plate amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
(don't know if this is right subforum...but, will see)

I need advise how to setup Linkwitz Transform on hypex 2.400 plate amplifier.
If possible at all ?

I made some loudspeakers which have Satori 16P + Be tweeter with Ara passive crossover (from sbacoustics web page) and have add Peerless XLS10 sub to it.
The plan is to use Linkwitz Transform on sub via hypex DSP.

But I cant figure out is it possible to setup it that way.

I have some experience with other DSP in which I was able to add biguad coefficients, which I got by using spread sheet from miniDSP site.
But I don't see how to ''import'' those coefficients into hypex 2.400 ?

All I see on hypex is bass boost option where I can play and try to simulate LT but don't know if I'm doing it right or how to get results that are good enough to simulate LT.
So any advise is appreciated.

Here are results from LT and miniDSP spreadsheat

Thanks

Attachments

• LTXLS10.jpg
    LTXLS10.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 374
  • LTXLS10a.jpg
    LTXLS10a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 364
  • LTXLS10b.jpg
    LTXLS10b.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 335
  • satori014.jpg
    satori014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 358
  • hypex software.jpg
    hypex software.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 378
  • LTXLS10biquad.jpg
    LTXLS10biquad.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Been awhile since l set mine up but try AsymShelf option. Shelf = Low Shelf

Input from your LT spreadsheet

Zero frequency = f(0)
Pole frequency = f(p)
Zero Q = Q(0)
Pole Q = Q(p)

Thanks
will try...
The spreadsheet from miniDSP site (for biquads), in the first post, is wrong, as I pick wrong sheet for calculation...
But now I have different problem, as I can't connect to 2.400 via PC

It will take some time to figure out this :D

LT on Hypex Plate amp

Hi guys. I'm also interested in this. Have you ever figured it out? I've tried the Hypex help line. All they said was to use shelf filters, but even they don't know how.
MiniDSP spreadsheet provides exact coefficients for the biquad. However, I have a feeling that Hypex is a higher quality product. Anybody have tried both?
VadimB

Hi guys. I'm also interested in this. Have you ever figured it out? I've tried the Hypex help line. All they said was to use shelf filters, but even they don't know how.
MiniDSP spreadsheet provides exact coefficients for the biquad. However, I have a feeling that Hypex is a higher quality product. Anybody have tried both?
VadimB

Hi Vadim
I did it, as Lusk advise ;)
but I use high shelf under shelf...

now, I mide do something wrong...but this is my setup

Attachments

• joke000001 bas na 9_5 15hz.jpg
    joke000001 bas na 9_5 15hz.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 147
  • yoke satori.jpg
    yoke satori.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 174
  • hypex.jpg
    hypex.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 171
  • sub 15 i 20hz.jpg
    sub 15 i 20hz.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 161
Hi Yoke, thanks for the reply. So, just to clarify which parameters are Pole, and which are Zero?
1. You've used asymmetric shelf biquad, set to High Shelf.
2. The Zero frequency is the resonance of the driver in the box, as built, Fs?
3. The Zero Q is the Q of the driver in the box, as built, Qt?
4. The Pole frequency is the new -6dB point of the system, after LT - Fb?
5. And the Pole Q is the Q of the system after LT correction.

Is this statement correct, or did I get it backwards? If I'm right, why did you increase the Q of the corrected system to 0.8? Do you like that better?
Thanks,
is the resonance of the driver in the box, as built, Fs?

or was it low shelf.....aaaggggrrrggghhh...can't remember
any way, I place driver parameters inside spreadsheet and it calculate values for LT which I transfer to hypex software...

Attachments

• LTXLS10.jpg
    LTXLS10.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 138
  • LTXLS10a.jpg
    LTXLS10a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 81
Who cares about coefficient values, when we can measure the real acoustic outcome?

For low bass measurement at listening position is important, it includes boundary gain and room modes. But we must remember the modes and not try to get too smooth response. Listening tests are important too, we hear different from the microhone.

This is how low end eq looks like in two of my closed box woofers of multiway speakers. Measured in different rooms that have very different reverberation (RT60) - but they sound pretty much similar in bass! Both have downfire 10" bass drivers.

Attachments

• ainogneo83 conf3+ Weq LR room.jpg
    ainogneo83 conf3+ Weq LR room.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 137
  • mr18 3w alisa LR bass eq.jpg
    mr18 3w alisa LR bass eq.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 113
I have to echo Juhazi, it is easier to just measure and fiddle with the - dB highshelf until you are satisfied with the response.

If you want to do more fine tuning of the response I'd recommend calculating the EQ boost / notches in Room EQ Wizard: You set the target curve and if you choose "Equalizer: DCX2496" then you can transfer the calculated {Hz, Gain, Q} boost/cut filters directly into HFD.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.