Dynaudio Crafft Crossover schematics help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Sir,

I have Dynaudio T330D esotar tweeter and 17W75 woofer. So i want to DIY Dynaudio Crafft speaker.
I want to ask for the crossover schematics of Dynaudio Crafft speaker.
Can anyone help me?
Tks
Dynaudio Crafft:

a.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Crafft used a standard 17W75, a that driver used to be built exclusively for a sealed cabinet, so you might want to double check the TS parameters. Being vented, it was likely a version of a stronger motor called XL or LQ. I haven't got original Crafft filter but it was probably a version of a crossover implemented very often back then. Shallow filter slopes of first order with additional impedance flattening circuits and a lattice delay network for the tweeter. Search for the Dynaudio Aries schematic and modify to suit the drivers.

I don't think Crafft used a standard 17W75, a that driver used to be built exclusively for a sealed cabinet, so you might want to double check the TS parameters. Being vented, it was likely a version of a stronger motor called XL or LQ. I haven't got original Crafft filter but it was probably a version of a crossover implemented very often back then. Shallow filter slopes of first order with additional impedance flattening circuits and a lattice delay network for the tweeter. Search for the Dynaudio Aries schematic and modify to suit the drivers.

Dear Lojzek,

Thanks for your kindly help.
My 17W75 driver label 17W75 audience(from dyn audience 5 speaker).

- I made 2cm thickness MDF cabinet with a volume of 15 liters as a technical document of dynaudio crafft. Add 1.5 cm fabric (two sides, above, below inside the cabinet), made 2 holes (2.7cm diameter, 12 cm length)
However:
- Too much and heavy bass
- The mid/mid low is low so the vocalist is not loud and is drowned in bass and treble
- Tweet is ok.
(bass cross with 1.2mh Mundort BN120 zero ohm inductor, tweeter cross with 0.47 solen air inductor, solen/audiocap capacitor, taiwan resistors)

Please help me made it better, many thanks!

Attachments

• _crossover.gif
    _crossover.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 685
  • mdf.jpg
    mdf.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 631
  • fiber.jpg
    fiber.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 348
  • pvc.jpg
    pvc.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 416
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.