Thoughts on BMS new 1" compression drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I was thinking it may be a good driver for a multiple entry horn as it has shallow depth and can cross low. In my case I got 3" mid drivers up to 1.254kHz (-6dB) with I think the upper limit been primarily caused by the mass corner frequency of that particular driver. That meant I had to use a quite robust titanium diaphragm compression driver that has severe breakup in the upper octave and a 4th order filter. It could be possible with this driver to go down to a two way without resorting to a 2" exit driver (expensive - possible dispersion issues).

Joined 2007
Paid Member
That is a possibility, but there are other 1" drivers that can pick up from 1k for non pa usage or try a 1.4" with extended high.

I have a dual use PA system which lives in my living room when not playing outside. Any gain in output or fidelity is worthwhile ;)

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 169
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.