Munich 2019 -Sb Acoustics room

The tall speaker doesn't have a name - I will come up with one if we decide to make it an open source kit. The smaller speaker is called Menara (indonesian for Tower - it is 124 cm tall). It uses the following drivers:

1 × TW29BN-8
1 × MD60N-6 (handmade prototype drivers)
2 × MW19PNW-4
1 × MW19PNW-8

Unexpectedly, this speaker won an award at the show (check out SB Acoustics on facebook or instagram). I believe the reviewer thought it was a consumer product and later found out that it wasn't (it is quite a conceptual speaker, actually). Anyway, we got the award and that is pretty cool - guess we must be doing something right :)

Last edited:
Hi USXX. I have seen the award. Congratulations. Unexpected- perhaps but it shouldn’t be surprising you guys make fantastic products. I can’t wait for the release of your textreme drivers. Just recently I finally had a chance to audition Kalasans and Adelphios by Bagby. Awesome speakers and sound. That will be my next project. Thank you for taking the time to share some of the details with us I really appreciate it. Best regards Peter

I suppose I should have done this sooner but time is limited and I'm a banana.

Thanks USXX for steering me in the right direction and your dipole tower sounded first class.

Photo's I took at the event...

If there is interest in a group buy of drivers look to count me in.

Snax

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_121744.jpg
    IMG_20190512_121744.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_20190512_121921.jpg
    IMG_20190512_121921.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 931
Last edited: