Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Thanks. No I don't, but you should be able to easily reproduce the shape anytime.

Now it would be interesting to see the horns measured in an (rounded) enclosure for how much of it is caused by the horn itself and how much by the improper termination. For example the slight widening between 2 - 5 kHz should not be there according to the infinite baffle simulation so I wonder if it is related to a particular termination.

- From these plots it seems that the time window was quite short, wasn't it. I guess that data below ~3 kHz are not very reliable.

Last edited:
Below impulses and spectra. Second pulse in Dr. Keele's waveguide makes response with 6dB nulls, in A9 it is less pronounced.

Attachments

• impulse.png
    impulse.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 500
  • impulseFR.png
    impulseFR.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
So it's the mouth reflection and that is mainly caused by the abrupt termination in both cases. The reason why it is less pronounced on A9 might be the narrower beamwidth (i.e less energy reaching the edge).

- You would need to add some roll-back (or an enclosure) to get rid of this.

Last edited:
It's up to you, I don't mind :)
I don't know, I have no practical experience with any 2" horn. I have some 2" drivers but haven't ever really tried them.

- If you want, you can try a shallow variant of A9 (120 x 120 deg, 50 mm deep). See what you get.

Attachments

• A9s.png
    A9s.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 491
  • a9ss.png
    a9ss.png
    16 KB · Views: 483
  • a9s.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 65