Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

ath-4.3.4 No such file or directory

This looks like a wonderful program, but I am having a bit of trouble installing it.

I have installed ath4, including the .dll files ,changed the small.cfg file to find the right directory, etc. Whenever I run it, however, I get an error message of:
ath-4.3.4
No such file or directory

(notice the hyphen, not an underscore). I've even tried adding such a directory in a few places, but to no avail. Is this directory hard coded into the code? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

This looks like a wonderful program, but I am having a bit of trouble installing it.

I have installed ath4, including the .dll files ,changed the small.cfg file to find the right directory, etc. Whenever I run it, however, I get an error message of:
ath-4.3.4
No such file or directory

(notice the hyphen, not an underscore). I've even tried adding such a directory in a few places, but to no avail. Is this directory hard coded into the code? I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Run it on the command line. "cmd.exe"

It will. Something like this, i.e. unbaffled?

Included are the project files for IB simluation (without a rollback), as well as the free-air shape in STL+MSH. Simulation for the free-air scenario (i.e. with the rollback) is not yet available, sorry.

Attachments

• donut-1.png
    donut-1.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 561
  • donut-2.png
    donut-2.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 569
  • donut.zip
    126.1 KB · Views: 59
  • donut_cfg.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 81
This is for the infinite baffle. I only changed frequency resolution parameters in "solving.txt":

Control_Solver
f1=800; f2=16000; NumFrequencies=40
Abscissa=log; Dim=3D; MeshFrequency=25000; Sym=xy

Attachments

• donut-radimp.png
    donut-radimp.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 637
  • donut-spl.png
    donut-spl.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 627
  • donut-pmap.png
    donut-pmap.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 621
  • donut-abec.png
    donut-abec.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 660
There is no such thing here - you can see radiation impedance has no sudden drop, what's usually called cutoff. If I ever wanted to make a very small horn for 5 kHz xover (to a bigger midrage horn I suppose - not a very good idea, but OK), I would do it the way I showed, maybe a bit smaller, this was just a quick attempt. You can easily try it smaller and see what would you get - this is what the tool is for.

I'm probably just a complete command line dunce but I can't get this to work. I've followed the guide and this thread afaik. Created ath in the suggested dir, created the shortcut as described, have the output in the config file pointing to a new dir as suggested, and have "open with" set to notpad for the config file but am getting this. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    83.3 KB · Views: 472
It seems the program doesn't handle properly dimesions comparable to a throat diameter. I'll look at what the catch is. Anyway, this is the closest I could get. Besides the resonance (which is correctable in principle) it will beam at high frequencies. I'm not sure it's the right way to go...

- The program as it is now doesn't support radius as mouth termination.

Attachments

• rou-abe1.png
    rou-abe1.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 155
  • rou-abe2.png
    rou-abe2.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 153
  • rou-z.png
    rou-z.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 132
  • rou-spl.png
    rou-spl.png