Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2020, 10:39 AM   #1221
jcga is offline jcga  France
diyAudio Member

I read the link you provided as it looks to me that he selected the 26 mm deep waveguide fro the T34 not the deepest OS 43 mm deep version. Did I read wrong ?
Old 16th March 2020, 02:13 AM   #1222
Drofdissonance is online now Drofdissonance
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docali View Post
Fibonacci was only a suggestion! For large numbers the quotient of two adjacent numbers approaches the golden section ratio 0.618.

You could start with 1 and then for each next number divide the previous by 0.618, so 1, 1.618, 2.618, 4.237, 6.855, ...
is there some obvious mathmatical reason I'm missing as to why this might help?
Old 16th March 2020, 09:33 PM   #1223
Ro808 is online now Ro808  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcga View Post
I read the link you provided as it looks to me that he selected the 26 mm deep waveguide fro the T34 not the deepest OS 43 mm deep version. Did I read wrong ?
No, you got that right.
Somewhere between the lines he states why he opted for the 26 mm WG.
In terms of performance, the differences between the OSWG and the 26 mm are small.

Last edited by Ro808; 16th March 2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 17th March 2020, 04:10 PM   #1224
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofdissonance View Post
is there some obvious mathmatical reason I'm missing as to why this might help?
I would think that the Fibonacci series is highly uncorrelated, i.e. the numbers bear no relationship to each other. This would be a good thing, but it would also be a very small factor.

In the calculations there will be frequencies where the data is not well resolved and these can/will cause serious singularities in the matrix inversion. A random set of points would likely make this problem less of an issue. But with SVD this is not a real problem and the numerics should find the right answer regardless of the spacing.
Old 19th March 2020, 12:31 PM   #1225
mabat is offline mabat  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

I still wait for some parts as I had to change the mounting flange to adapt for a closer position of the first port. It will go a bit slower now, for obvious reasons. I also hoped for a bigger progress with the software but as I have to work at home with two little kids running around, things like these are actually much more difficult now... Stay well!

Last edited by mabat; 19th March 2020 at 12:45 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!