How do I get this measurement???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I often see this graph (pulled off another thread). What gear/software do I use to measure my horns like this?

Attachments

• 2018-04-24 Elliptical Waveguide VarC Membran gross rechtwinklig horiz norm0 1.png
    2018-04-24 Elliptical Waveguide VarC Membran gross rechtwinklig horiz norm0 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 269
Depends if you want measured or predicted. That one looks predicted using one of the crossover/speaker simulation tools, I can get these from Boxsim.

If measured you need a microphone (possibly a preamp) and a way to connect it to a pc. The UMIK-1 from minidsp is a favourite as it is all built into 1 and plugs into the USB port and comes with a calibration file. Alternatives are the Behringer ECM8000 that needs a usb preamp with phantom power like the UMC202HD I have, though this only comes with a generic calibration file.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
As noted, ARTA can do that. There's a description somewhere in the help manual, I actually think it is the STEPS app in ARTA that does this. I've done it a few times with a friend, went with no problems but it takes time as you need to do a response test, then change the speaker angle, do a response test, etc.

Then in ARTA/STEPS you select all the individual response files and activate the command that stitches them together. Works like a charm.

Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.