Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

crites woofers vs eminence alpha series woofers
crites woofers vs eminence alpha series woofers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2019, 09:00 PM   #1
craftsmansky is offline craftsmansky
diyAudio Member

Default crites woofers vs eminence alpha series woofers

is there any critical difference between the crites and the eminence speakers? i understand eminence made some drivers for klipsch at one time.
Old 16th May 2019, 07:49 AM   #2
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Still do last time I checked, but no clue which Eminence type Bob uses or what any differences there are.

GM
Old 16th May 2019, 08:35 AM   #3
TBTL is offline TBTL  Germany
diyAudio Member

What models exactly?

OEM drivers usually are made to spec and will be different than drivers sold under the Eminence name.
Old 16th May 2019, 09:29 AM   #4
Phenoholic Anonymus is offline Phenoholic Anonymus
diyAudio Member

From the Eminence site: "To qualify as an OEM, we require a minimum order of 50 pieces per spec" It's very easy to get custom drivers from Eminence.
Old 16th May 2019, 04:15 PM   #5
multitask is offline multitask  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Specs for Crites CW1526C woofer? | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Crites cast woofer OR eminence kappa 15c for cornwall type bass bin - Technical/Modifications - The Klipsch Audio Community

"I used the Eminence Kappa 15C in my Cornscala's, similar specs, half the price. They sound great too. I called Eminence and this was the closest to the 1526C they had. IF Eminence is building them for Bob, they are not selling an exact match to the public. Down the road when I hit the Lotto, I'll spring for the 1526's"
Old 16th May 2019, 07:58 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Yeah, my bad; in retrospect, I was assuming he was basically tweaking Klipsch spec drivers that was [still are?] made by Eminence.

GM
Old 16th May 2019, 07:59 PM   #7
TBTL is offline TBTL  Germany
diyAudio Member

The Crites CW1526V is said to be similar to the Eminence Kappa 15C according to these links, not Alpha.

Xmax is different: 2.3 mm (Eminence Kappa 15C) vs 7.15 mm (Crites CW1526C). That's a difference of a factor 3.1 or 10 dB in excursion limited maximum SPL. Other than that, the Thiele and Small parameters are similar.

Last edited by TBTL; 16th May 2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 16th May 2019, 08:06 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitask View Post
"I used the Eminence Kappa 15C
Looks like a relatively speaking dirt cheap substitution for the Altec 515 in a poor man's A5 system.

GM

crites woofers vs eminence alpha series woofersHide this!Advertise here!