Horn Lens for BMS 4594HE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Seos 30 will probably have the best polars. The BMS might show some strain at high volume with a 400hz crossover. Might be fine for your needs.

Quite a few people have had good success with that driver in the smaller seos 24.

Last edited:
Or this. Has smoothest polar.

Attachments

• D8C1B71D-A58D-457E-8942-D946EBA49DF5.jpeg
    D8C1B71D-A58D-457E-8942-D946EBA49DF5.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 743
Seos 30 will probably have the best polars. The BMS might show some strain at high volume with a 400hz crossover. Might be fine for your needs.

Quite a few people have had good success with that driver in the smaller seos 24.

They will need to hit very high vol. I talked with the seller of the BMS and they said it could be crossed as low as 300hz and will play down to 200hz with ease. So I thought if we crossed at 400hz we would be fine. I was looking at the smaller seos also but it says it only good down to 550hz. There is a build here where they used the seos 24 at 450hz SEOS-24, BMS 4594ND, Dual AE TD18H+ - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

The seller also told me the k-horn he thought would be better than the seos. He was saying something about how short the seos was is why it would not work as well.

And thanks for your replies

That K-Horn is similar to the type that JTR uses in there speakers. JTR i think is custom horn. We need it to be no easy to blow as these get abused. They are in a non private studio that will be rented to the public and we often have customers that think that the louder the better :)

Make sure you set your limiters fairly conservatively. Don't want to read about fried drivers in a few months! While the AE drivers are second to none in audio performance, they aren't designed for the abuse that pro audio gear goes through.

Most people associate distortion with loudness. These drivers might fail before that threshold is reached for select individuals.

Last edited:
Make sure you set your limiters fairly conservatively. Don't want to read about fried drivers in a few months! While the AE drivers are second to none in audio performance, they aren't designed for the abuse that pro audio gear goes through.

Most people associate distortion with loudness. These drivers might fail before that threshold is reached for select individuals.

From what I have read about the AE drivers I thought they were extremely tuff. I read somewhere that someone was using them in pro audio gear for concerts and live events for like 8yrs with only one fail.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
You said low as possible, then you said not easy to blow. These two are a tradeoff. They contradict each other. Directivity may need to be a secondary concern.

The type of horn can be different for these two needs. If you want loud then consider a narrow throat expanding horn, and accept its limits. If you want low consider something more conical.

If the O/P's room dimensions are in feet then I would be more concerned about their hearing distorting and failing than the BMS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.