1st time try- TQWT -Beta 10CX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I sim using Brian's sheet, could not flatten the upper range. What did I do wrong? It's 2 ways passive coax for home karaoke. Thanks,

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 471
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 477
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 487

GM

Joined 2003
The HR sim has the vent exiting out the bottom, but the reality is that odds are the vent output will be near enough the same acoustic length to the listening position [LP] as the driver, so go into the 'chamber' window and add [92.2+2.6+37.9]/2 = 66.35 cm in the 'path' field to sum the two at the LP.

GM

looks great with GM's suggested path. What crossover and compression driver are you going to use? I tried Eminence's values with Beta10cx in a Karlsonator and felt those with ASD1001 were very dull in the mids for home use. It had good cone control and usable output to tuning (37Hz)

The HR sim has the vent exiting out the bottom, but the reality is that odds are the vent output will be near enough the same acoustic length to the listening position [LP] as the driver, so go into the 'chamber' window and add [92.2+2.6+37.9]/2 = 66.35 cm in the 'path' field to sum the two at the LP.

GM

I thought the "Path Length" was the difference in distance between driver and port to the listener.

Chris

Do you have stuffing above the driver? And can you hear/measure the ripple? The box wants to make a standing wave if undamped. At 8' it could be built the other (tapered, no ML vent) way. Alls ya gotta do is pivot the internal baffle forward so the skinny end connects to the vent. Like I have drawn a thousand times but not built yet. Tuning would be too low probably.

I thought the "Path Length" was the difference in distance between driver and port to the listener.

Chris

It is, but consider the size of the WLs relative to the LP. Anyway, MJK's first few? generations of various [ML]TL MathCad WS summed at the driver, i.e. ignored where the vent was and measured responses were so close to simmed that only when the vent was on the rear did it make any potentially audible difference.

GM

with hornresp - first do a calculation. Select Acoustical Power -then under "Tools" find "Output" and click on "Combined" - that opens up a utility where one enters the distance between cone center and ~vent center. THEN - go back to the Input screen to select the Loudspeaker Wizard to check effects .

Last edited:
psd2013 should be very nice - I'd like to see he network some time but don't have that driver.
PBhs7Kn.png
Thank freddi, I certainly will post the X-over as progress.
That look better, would you mind posting the hornresp input screen?
The idea is to have the coax center at the ear height as possible.
I started out the sim using Brian's sheet as stated in the original post and import to hornresp….still learning!.

In Hornresp, the acoustic path length is the length of the shortest acoustic path between the two outputs (assumed to be point sources). In the design being considered it is the distance between the centre of the direct radiator and the centre of the horn mouth.

Path length = 92.2 + 2.6 + 37.9 = 132.7 cm

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 188
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.