Pics new dual AE TDM10, Jabo horn and Beyma TPL150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Baffles glued in today...that was a special milestone in this lengthy project.

Attachments

• gloss baffles in.jpg
    gloss baffles in.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 528
  • terminals in gloss black.jpg
    terminals in gloss black.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 591
I'd love to know where did you get the WBT speaker terminal plates and the pure silver wire ? 50m"m speaker walls -isn't it too much ? (I thought 25 m"m of birch plywood should be satisfactory)

Silver ribbon cables and the cabinet thickness is your question?

It's a cost-no-object setup, thick cab walls leaves nothing to question, even if they're unnecessary.

Great build you have going on there
I’d love to see in more detail about the horn build. Where did you get the horn and how did you come up with the size of the rear chamber and how is the driver installed
I’m here in Florida and live horns. Most of my speakers are Klipsch and I use a few low watt tube amps and I want to build some mid and mid/horns
Thanks. And great work

It's a cost-no-object setup, thick cab walls leaves nothing to question, even if they're unnecessary.

Hi

The flat ribbon silver wire is 99.9% pure, and is sourced from AE Metals, here in Australia.

A&E Metals Pty Limited - Silver and Precious Metal Alloy Manufacturer - Jewellery Supplies

The terminal plates are from Parts Express, Dayton brand...which support WBT terminals.

Dayton Audio TBPP-SI Triple Binding Post Plate Silver Anodized

Great build you have going on there
I’d love to see in more detail about the horn build. Where did you get the horn and how did you come up with the size of the rear chamber and how is the driver installed
I’m here in Florida and live horns. Most of my speakers are Klipsch and I use a few low watt tube amps and I want to build some mid and mid/horns
Thanks. And great work

Thank you for your kind comments.

There’s nothing too complex about the horn.

The actual horn is Jabo 350Hz KH-53 model from Germany, with 2 inch throat.

JABO KH-53 A - ART OF SOUND - Hornlautsprecher

Nice build quality…and I ordered extra sheen/sparkle white paint….looks silvery.

The horn housing is CNC’d birch ply rings.

The horn is held in place using an inner wood ring cut in half, then “wrapped” around the horn near the throat. Screw hold in place.

When horn inserted into housing, then I add 4 counter-sunk screws from the side into the “inner wood ring.”

50mm wall thickness was chosen to ensure the best bass tightness/no cabinet resonance.

I also added lead sheeting and bitumen paint.

The bass cabinets weight approx. 80Kgs each.

There are two integrated horizontal braces.

The front baffle is double walled birch ply, = 48mm thick.

Attachments

• VIREN.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 46
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 173
I've seen you do quite a bit of stacked ply and they come up great. I've always had issues with the layers sliding when you clamp them and having to sand a fair bit, do you have this issue? Also what dowel size and hole size cut into the ply do you use?

I've seen you do quite a bit of stacked ply and they come up great. I've always had issues with the layers sliding when you clamp them and having to sand a fair bit, do you have this issue? Also what dowel size and hole size cut into the ply do you use?

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I always use dowels, typically 10mm.

See pics of other projects where dowels are critical.

Attachments

• lite model unglued.jpg
    lite model unglued.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 473
  • $T2eC16RHJGMFFpboJOrzBRkzUqBZO!~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16RHJGMFFpboJOrzBRkzUqBZO!~~60_57.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 460
  • c%20horn%20glue%20up.JPG
    c%20horn%20glue%20up.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 473
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 477
No disrespect meant,on the contrary-beautiful piece of art.My only question was in regard to where can I get these wbt speaker terminal and the pure silver wire....
No disrespect taken.

Parts Express is a great supplier.

With this project, there are 16 individual pieces of WBT gold terminals....so getting pricey. But, it's a top flight product.

Attachments

• terminal plates.jpg
    terminal plates.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 461
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.