What crossover-topology?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
This is simply untrue.

Well, then please, tell me how you raise the level of, let's say a mid-woofer at 30Hz? Or 1k? Or a tweeter at 15k?

I use high efficiency speakers to start. By comparison, I build low efficiency amplifiers (I also keep my garden planted).Really, even if I didn't wind my own I'm sure I could find suitable parts for near nothing.

Yeah, there's no world hunger because I just had dinner. :rolleyes: We are talking about specific speakers here, since it's the topic. I personally prefer high efficiency speakers too. However, just because that applies to YOU, doesn't mean, it does for everyone. Or makes my statement wrong. The fact is, more and more ppl use class D and lower spl speakers, because the drivers got much more linear excursion, the speakers can easily get smaller and power is extremely cheap these days.

Really, even if I didn't wind my own I'm sure I could find suitable parts for near nothing.

Really? I'd love to get a cheap source for these. Where can I buy a low thd 22 or 27mH coil that can take power for 'near nothing'? Please, don't start with pressed powder core coils.
Besides that, we are
a. takling about high end here and he would most likely not want to use something cobbled together and
b. it would waste even more power and efficiency.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
It is starting to look as though you are unwilling to learn the fundamentals. The choice is yours to make.

If that would really be one of the fundamentals you got that much more knowledge about, why don't you present any of the seemingly so easy and solutions then like you've implied it would be?

As of now and according to a long history of your post, it doesn't seem to be me who got some deficites in the fundamentals. And to give 'resonances' as answer to how to raise passively the level just proves that to be true.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.